• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Ticking me off!

Started by Iceman001, December 30, 2005, 09:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman001

Everytime I get on my name and start to play a game ..I get booted.. I have lost approximatley 20 points off of this ..I don't really care about points but My point is that it's hard to have fun and play the game when I get d/c everytime and can't win.  Idk if it's the game server or what but I would like to know...Anyone have any ideas why? ???

The_Gu3st

Its your own connection. The server doesnt "boot" people and it hardly ever goes down. It happens to almost everyone once in a while. Dial-up is prone to having it happen more often. Also, if you are using a router, make sure you let it air out. Sometimes you can lose connection if it gets to hot.

Dodger

The usual reasons for me getting booted are -

Using p2p program like 'Kazaa, Ares etc...
Using Torrent program eg. Bitlord, Azueres etc...
Downloading something else, using the windows thing...
Ftp'ing sometimes.
Being kicked by The_Guest.
Annoying Matlu.
General slothfulness.

Pretty much most things that use up bandwidth elsewhere will occasionally cause the game to screw up.

The_Gu3st

Iceman001

Yea but it just now started happening in the past day or so  :-\

Dodger

Quote from: Iceman001 on December 30, 2005, 09:20:00 PM
Yea but it just now started happening in the past day or so  :-\

Are you not doing any of the above things?

Iceman001

I have dial-up Which I though might be the problem but I'm not so sure cuz It has started just recently and I'm not being kicked by guest and I don't think I'm annoying anyone lol

zzboots

Quote from: Iceman001 on December 30, 2005, 09:26:51 PM
I have dial-up Which I though might be the problem but I'm not so sure cuz It has started just recently and I'm not being kicked by guest and I don't think I'm annoying anyone lol
Its the dial up man. Tough break
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

lol, nah, Im not kicking you.

Dial-up is your problem. If you meet a player called coke-can, he has the same problem b/c of dial-up. Dial-up constantly lags, sending packets through slower than LAN.

Iceman001

Ok but then why is it that it has just recently occured and not in the past?

Dodger

Because it has. Next time you lag/get kicked press ctrl+alt+del, look under the tab networking and see how much bandwidth you were using.

Iceman001

Iceman001

Ok now Im positive that its not my connection..Because if it was wouldnt it just take me out of the whole IE..Instead it just sends me back to the main menu
>:(

Silencer

it does the same thing to me on occasion brotha man...I got Dial-up. Trust me, its the connection.
When Did I Realize I Was God? When I Knelt Down, Started Praying, And Realized I Was Talking To Myself