• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Me and ZZ's experience

Started by BlitzJoker, March 30, 2005, 11:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

At 3:05(EST) me and zz entered a two player game(he was AG and I was Blitz). He tried to beam a mutant mount and it skipped action, it also skipped my action(i went second). Next turn he beamed the mutant mount fine and then tried to enter it, he could not. My commander was running normal. After a few turns of trying to enter the mutant mount he decided to move the commander, whom ended up haveing a movement of five, and the mutant mount still said empty and could still move and attack normal. He killed my buggy and attacked my commander with his. I survived and attacked his commander(I moved over it like it was nothing). Next turn he beamed a tentacle out from under my commander and when i tried to make my commander move it would just have a blank bar at the top. Next turn he used teleport, which ended up teleporting my commander instead. I did nothing again and still couldn't move my commander when I pressed on it. Next turn he ran over the spot where my commander was(which since the teleport was a frozen beaming sign) and it simply kept the image of w/e passed over it last. I used Turrets(which showed where my commander should be, which was in the corpse of the buggy), and zz attacked that corpse with his tentacle, and at that, 3:13 (EST), the game froze. We reloaded and it seemed to work fine.

Theres the bug report  :)

zzboots

I personally found this game to be more fun than all the normal ones.  ;D  Matlu, maybe program in random bugs?  8)  But following that one game everything seemed to be running smoothly.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

uh, sounds scary  :-\   To me once happened, that my "target-action" phase was totally skipped for unknown reason. But then the game continued ok.

I really have no idea what's the reason, I'll try to investigate. And I'll have to make the game produce more detailed logs, because nothing unusual was logged during your game  :-\

matlu

Hm, I finally found a possible reason (not 100% sure, but likely). Found some not-very-clean parts in my code.

As I mentioned before, right now are my possibilities to work on the game very limited. I will try, but I'm not sure if I can fix it immediatelly. Possibly we will have to live wih these occasional freezes till sunday.

BlitzJoker

Parsley

Hope you're getting time to sleep/eat Matlu. 
Slow & steady wins the race  ;)

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on April 01, 2005, 01:27:11 PM
Hope you're getting time to sleep/eat Matlu. 

... ehm, not always  :(  Unfortunatelly I also have a full time job, and I can work on the game only in my free time.

matlu

I uploaded new version, which *should* fix this problem (but I'm not 100%) sure. And I'm also not sure, if I did not break something else  :)

Please report if you encounter again this (or any other) problem.