• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

how do u report someone for hacking?

Started by wilbur, January 11, 2006, 04:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilbur

how do you report someone for hacking?

i played a guest who did it (or it very much looked like he was hacking) two games in a row.

1st game-   i attacked the guest's commander (who had no upgrades) with a spideroid (Twice) and an alien queen (once) and a hover tank (once) and he did not die.  then he killed my commander ( i had no upgrades)  with a battle mech's ranged shot (which isnt crazy at all.

2nd game-  his mutant survived my alien queen attack.  then the mutant killed my queen. then he said "gg" and then he attacked me with his face grabber and killed me in one hit. 

sooo idk how to report people...

but it was guest_247 and it was at 9:40pm ( eastern time) on january 10th. 2006

SiR gUt

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

haferhole1

personally, i think it was just good luck for him, its happened to me before, but even if it was a hacker, he was on a guest account, so could matlu do? make it so guest_247 wasnt playable?

the only thing i think he MIGHT be able to do is get his ip address(which i dont even think he would be able to) and you could like send him a virus for taking 4 points from you. 

all you can do is wait for matlu to post, he always has something to say that leaves you satisfied without him needing to really do anything.

example regarding guests
I really don't think that disabling guests would solve this (or any other) problem. I don't think that anybody is abusing this feauture, and even if somebody DID, disabling guests will NOT prevent it. He/She may still create throw-away account instead of playing as guest.
Really, this idea makes no sense. I'm not going to remove existing feature for no reason. Your reasons make no sense, sorry.

you can still:
- not play guests, if you think they are "dangerous"
- play only non-rated games with guests

lol, just messin w/ ya matlu. i know ur a busy guy, and were all thankful for cyber battles, chess, and the 3 games no one is ever in

click my egg to get ur own

matlu

- I really don't think it's possible to hack. When you attack something, your computer just sends "attack request" to central server computer. The server computer decides, whether the attack is succesful or not, and sends result to all players. I cannot imagine how could anybody influent its decision. It's practicaly impossible.
- still, if you want to report somebody, just use /report nick command. I have to say that I don't read these reports regulary, so you'll have to also message me and tell me about it (mentioning the nick or guest number). It does not matter whether you report a nick or guest, both work.

Quotepersonally, i think it was just good luck for him, its happened to me before, but even if it was a hacker, he was on a guest account, so could matlu do? make it so guest_247 wasnt playable?
When you report somebody, his (and yours) IP address is stored. I can subsequently ban that address. It doesn't make a difference whether it is a guest account, or nick.

Quoteall you can do is wait for matlu to post, he always has something to say that leaves you satisfied without him needing to really do anything.
one learns that skill with age

Quoteand were all thankful for cyber battles, chess, and the 3 games no one is ever in
this would be funny, if it wasn't sad