• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Deep-fried Yak Spleens *or* I Do Not Cheat

Started by poison_ivy, January 24, 2006, 12:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poison_ivy

This is my first post in this community, and just wanted to say hello.

I also wanted to clear up an ugly rumor/accusation going around about me cheating.

A few people have accused me of cheating (they neither could describe how or with whom) because of the mere fact that i went from 200-something points to over 600 points in 2 weeks.

Fact is -- and many can back me up on this -- that during the first few weeks after having discovered this game again, I was on my winter break and playing the game using my parents' dial up.  This resulted in many humorous and not-so humorous disconnections, keeping me from gaining any points.  After the break, however, I returned to my place where I have reliable DSL, and began to accumulate points.

I know how to play the game and have a few friends who don't attack me until necessary.  This is the reason why I have gained so many points in such a short amount of time.  In fact, back when this game was on GamesDomain, I was on the hiscores list as well, far exceeding what I have right now. 

I welcome Matlu or anyone else officially associated with the game to look into it.

Until such baseless accusations are confirmed correct, please refrain from any "YOU CHEATED!  OH NOESS!!!!!111"

And to all my friends and acquaintances, please feel free to confirm the crappy internet connection I had had over the first few weeks I played this game or the fact that I play often (yes, I'm a poor law student and have no life - don't think that any personal attacks will affect me).

Thank you all, and to all a good night

/drama

zzboots

Don't worry. I will vouch for your honesty. (sorry if that brings more criticism :P )

But seriously, you don't need to defend yourself.

Just play the game and if someone says you cheat, then they are  jealous of you.  ;D

Gotta learn to ignore the lower mind set peoples.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

I wonder if matlu even checks for cheaters these days. Doubt it.

And I doubt Ivy cheats, I've played her a few times and it seems like she could have earned those points fairly. Plus, she's usualy always on when I am so it shows she puts lots of time into this game.

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on January 24, 2006, 01:07:23 AM
I wonder if matlu even checks for cheaters these days. Doubt it.

And I doubt Ivy cheats, I've played him a few times and it seems like he could have earned those points fairly. Plus, he's usualy always on when I am so it shows hes put lots of time into this game.

Um cough.
-William G. McAdoo

poison_ivy

And I'm a she.

I know that I shouldn't feel as though I have to defend myself, but when I see other people being influenced by someone crying wolf, I have no choice.

I'd like to keep having civilized conversations with ppl here, too, anyway.

matlu

I agree with ZZ and The_Gu3st:
- I see that you play very often
- I played you several times and you seem to be able to earn points fairly

It's good to have old gamesdomain players like you here

The_Gu3st

Quote from: zzboots on January 24, 2006, 01:21:00 AM
QuoteI wonder if matlu even checks for cheaters these days. Doubt it.

And I doubt Ivy cheats, I've played him a few times and it seems like he could have earned those points fairly. Plus, he's usualy always on when I am so it shows hes put lots of time into this game.

Um cough.

Pssh , making up fake quotes again just like you did with ults and silencer  ;)

poison_ivy

aaaurgh, don't mention Silencer's name around me, btw!

Whenever I tried to prove that I wasn't cheating, he'd always say "that's what cheaters always say"

Oh god, I know it's silly to try to argue with idiots, but it just annoyed the hell outta me! 

Ahhh!  *runs into wall*

poison_ivy

And btw, Thank you mucho, Matlu, for taking some time and backing me up.

:)

much appreciated, and keep up the good work here.

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on January 24, 2006, 01:44:12 AM
Pssh , making up fake quotes again just like you did with ults and silencer  ;)

P.S. I love ZZ with all my heart. He is my life, my love, my everything.

Um, no I'm not.  ;)
-William G. McAdoo

Blitz

Quote from: matlu on January 24, 2006, 01:29:15 AM
It's good to have old gamesdomain players like you here

There was an old player named poison ivy? I don't recall anyone by that name, did you have a different name?

QuoteI love ZZ with all my heart. He is my life, my love, my everything.

I think you accidently merged the quote above that was said to you by me, with the quote from guest...... ;)

MVP zzboots fanclub

zzboots

Quote from: Blitz on January 24, 2006, 03:24:38 AM
I think you accidently merged the quote above that was said to you by me, with the quote from guest...... ;)

You are dead to me. You broke my heart.  :'(
-William G. McAdoo

Blitz

MVP zzboots fanclub

poison_ivy

Quote from: Blitz on January 24, 2006, 03:24:38 AM
There was an old player named poison ivy? I don't recall anyone by that name, did you have a different name?

Yes, i was Poison Ivy on GamesDomain.  Ask Song, or Militant, or Zapdog...I used to be on that hiscores =P

zzboots

-William G. McAdoo