• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

anyone speak portuguese?

Started by Fleur De Chanson, January 26, 2006, 09:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur De Chanson

i wanna know what the hell they are saying in this song... Ratamahatta by Sepultura. they are brazillian so i figure its either portuguese or giberish cuz its deffinetely not english.. except for the last part  :P

Biboca
Garagem
Favela

Fubanga
Maloca
Bocada

Maloca
Bocada
Fubanga

Favela
Garagem
Biboca, porra !!!

Ze Do Caixao
Zumbi
Lampiao

Hello uptown
Hello downtown
Hello midtown
Hello trenchtown

Ratamahatta !!! ...

Bakster

I study Spanish, but I sux at it.

matlu

I don't speak purtuguese, but that text doesn't seem to have any sensful content, they just seem to cry out some names... maybe names of places?

I'm pretty sure that Trenchtown is in Jamaica, it's craddle of Reggae music, Bob Marley mentions it in song "no woman no cry".

The_Gu3st

its just names of places like Matlu said. I went to a translation site and none of the words translated.

Bakster

Even Guest could write a better song.

Parsley

I believe they're names of Brazilian 'ghettos' - I think Favela's are the one's just outside sao paolo.

Fleur De Chanson

dont diss the song bakster! i like the song more for the music then its lyrics anyways... actually its fun to sing along with lol.. even tho i have no clue what they are yelling about  ;D

i am curious what they are talkin about tho... alot of their songs seem to have sum serious subject(in album chaos ad anyways.. this song is off roots tho :P)... like how the gov't in brazil is evil and treat the tribes bad :P so i figured that this song mite of been saying sumthing important. even if it is just places the places probly have sum sorta significance to them. maybe they are just bad places where ppl are being treated unfairly.

i think they mentioned sao paulo in a diff song... now i must find it or i'll go insane  :o ah ha ya thats in song called manifest which is a story about a jail called  "Carandiru" where inmates were massacred and 80% werent even sentenced yet... ya so i think its safe to say they dont like that place :P i'd say your probly right parsley. anyone know what the other places could be?

Bakster

I rarely hear the lyrics in any of my music, I just like the sounds ;D

SiR gUt

song knows my answer to this song.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

eddie