• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Cheating

Started by Bakster, February 12, 2006, 07:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakster

I'm sure everyone already knows this, but just to clarify:

I just realised you can log in a guest name at the same time as your main name...which makes for easy cheating.

I never actually played myself (because I am honorable ;D), and I am sure matlu has his ways of detecting it.

However, should there be an IP block feature that stops the same IP logging in twice?

matlu

Bakster, two people from same IP cannot enter same *rated* game

Bakster

Dodger

Heheheh fool  ;)

But what is interesting is that if you are playing a game, and someone else logs in as you, you get booted and they take your place in game.  ;D
Can occasionally be funny.  :)

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on February 12, 2006, 11:16:09 PM
Heheheh fool  ;)

But what is interesting is that if you are playing a game, and someone else logs in as you, you get booted and they take your place in game.  ;D

Noooo! That was a selective group's secret. Way to open your big mouth, dumb-butt.

matlu

Quote from: Dodger on February 12, 2006, 11:16:09 PM

In fact this is a feature, which took quite long to program. The purpose was, that you can reconnect if your web-browser crashed or something similar happened.
The thing I don't understand is, why should you know someone else's password. Of course if somebody tells his password to someone else, he cannot wonder that "bad things happens".

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on February 13, 2006, 01:22:12 AM
Noooo! That was a selective group's secret. Way to open your big mouth, dumb-butt.

;) Didn't we find that out?

QuoteIn fact this is a feature, which took quite long to program. The purpose was, that you can reconnect if your web-browser crashed or something similar happened.
The thing I don't understand is, why should you know someone else's password. Of course if somebody tells his password to someone else, he cannot wonder that "bad things happens".

I thought it might be that. And in no circumstances should anyone know anyone elses password...In fact it wasn't me, it was a friend...and I wasn't even there when I did it.  :-\

SiR gUt

me and  guest found a way where we can enter one of our games and play as one of our commanders, after we were already in the game.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Bakster

Quote from: SiR gUt on February 13, 2006, 05:04:34 AM
me and  guest found a way where we can enter one of our games and play as one of our commanders, after we were already in the game.

I don't understand? So you're saying that you started a 1v1 game and played as your commanders like you normally do? ???

SiR gUt

no... ok, say guest is versing you 1 on 1, i can enter his game playing as his commander, after you guys already started your game

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

matlu

Quote from: SiR gUt on February 13, 2006, 06:25:22 PM
no... ok, say guest is versing you 1 on 1, i can enter his game playing as his commander, after you guys already started your game
if you know his password

Dodger

That was what I said.

SiR gUt

MATLU SHUTUP!!!! NOT SUPPOSE TO TELL THEM!!  >:(

The_Gu3st

Quote from: matlu on February 13, 2006, 06:32:32 PM
if you know his password

They were throw-away accounts, so it doesnt matter. Also, two computers can be in a rated game this way. Just to let you know.

The_Gu3st

Also, I would recommend deleting this topic. While I agree that features should be common knowledge, this one shouldn't. It would be very easy to cheat with this.