• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

help with router

Started by eddie, February 14, 2006, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie

i came accross a program recently called xbconnect (xbconnect.com). it lets you play your xbox online for free basicly.  i got everything installed and ready, exept i cant get my routers firewall gone, so i can connect the computer and xbox. 
heres the page im at:
http://www.xbconnect.com/xbchelp/network/

i have setup b, and if ur too lazy to click the link, it says:

NOTE: If your router has a built in firewall, you will need to forward ports 8602 both incoming and outgoing to the internal ip address of your pc. Consult your device manaul for port forwarding or visit our Router Configurations section.

i have no idea what there talking about here

well, i tried the router configuration thing, and the page wouldnt load for me, so i had 3 options:

try to find the manual for my router thats been lost for a few years

go online and go to a technical support site where they are paid to know this kind of thing and can easily help me out

start a topic on a website where mostly a bunch of 15 year olds who love to take about elephants and make fun of ults' learning disability can try to solve my problem

i think i made the right choice  :)
so if someone knows what i need to do, help me out

zzboots

pay the few dollars a month and support mircosoft you cheap _____.  ::)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

eddie

well, i have a modded xbox with over 30000 games on it and microsoft doesnt like that, so if i signed up 4 xbox live, they would know mines modded and come hunt me down, and cancle the subscription imediatly, and there goes 50 bucks.  so as u can c, its not about the money, its because i cant use xbox live. trust me, id rather do that then need to go through all this shit

Dodger

Okay...I can tell you how I open ports on my router..

Open your browser (IE, Firefox, whatever) and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and press enter (this should be the network address of your router, but could also be 192.168.0.0).

If these addresses don't work then go Start > Run and type CMD.
In the command window type IPCONFIG. The address of your router will be called the 'Default Gateway'.
So you type this number into your browser window and press return.

Okay...Step two...
Your router options/specifications should come up. And the way to open ports will be specific to your type of router, but I have to click Firewall Rules and enter the port I need to open, then enable the rule. You can work it out  ;)

Dodger

And dont support microsoft! Ever!!! We should let them all burn!

Dodger

Quote from: Dodger on February 15, 2006, 12:48:17 AM
And dont support microsoft! Ever!!! We should let them all burn!

And I also have a modded xbox so I'll be interested if this works...

Dodger

How come I can't edit my posts?

eddie

hmm, not sure.  anyways i tried what u said and i cant get in, i need some username/password.  what password do i need here? i asked my mom and she doesnt know what it is

Dodger

Uhhh....

Username : admin

Password : admin (or password)

eddie

nope, not workin.  my dad must have changed it, and of corse now he doesnt remember it

anyways u should try it, im gonna try a few other things and mabey i can get it to work. i got another site i think might work better anyways

Dodger

Okay, well if he hasn't changed it..It should probably be written on the bottom of your router (didn't notice this before) next to the serial number.

SiR gUt

if you still havent got this to work, I know how to make it work. Send me an IM on aim Rnkomptonsfinest and I will be glad to assist you.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA