• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

mutate/mind control holograms?

Started by matlu, April 01, 2005, 01:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

Should it be possible to mutate/mind control holograms? Currently it is possible, but seems a bit... unlogical to me.

Probably I'll create a poll about it later, but I'd like to discuss it first.

Ashoc

I think you should be able to, you were in the jagex version. i know it's not very logical,  you could just say that mutate and mind control can be used on the holograms just for the simple fact of making them appear more believable to the enemy, because the holo's in their very nature are meant to deceive.  plus it's always a thrill when you mind control a creature only to have it holodetectored by it's creator on the next turn.

ZAPTONE_Z

yeah, its allowed

shame on you for not making sure what youre taking is real is what i say

matlu

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 01, 2005, 06:29:56 PM
yeah, its allowed

Ehm, it's not about how exactly it worked in old CW... it's about how it's going to work in this new game. Doesn't have to be same.

Ashoc

yeah, its allowed

lol, well, who holo's a hover tank at mech 4?

ZAPTONE_Z

i think mind controlling holos is ok (from a logical standpoint)

and if you cant mutate it...youll instantly know its a holo...which could ruin some strategy

so i say allow it

matlu

Quote from: ZAPTONE_Z on April 01, 2005, 07:29:05 PM
and if you cant mutate it...youll instantly know its a holo...which could ruin some strategy
Not true. Holo could be a legal target for mutate, but it could just always fail.

ZAPTONE_Z

awww 100% failure rate on anything makes me sad :((

Odin

yeah, its allowed

That was part of the strategy! Keep it as being possible to Mind control/mutate holograms. Both were part of the strategy. Like, say, during the beam down phase someone sends down a hologram Battle Mech and you then just mind control it and kill their commander. That simple!
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

T3h luggage

[Insert technobabble here]
The mutate attack/effect interrupts the hologram proector's signal, and makes it malfunction and ranomly choose another creature.
Mind control works on it the same way it works on robots.