• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Team Tourny Set 2/26

Started by SiR gUt, February 19, 2006, 04:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiR gUt

let me get this straight, there are only 5 teams right???

yes bakster you are
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

The teams should start meeting now. So far only me abc and gut have shown. Don't let this be dissappointing. Please.

Bakster

Better get on MSN then...see if Dodger is online.

If it's a round robin...how about we reduce the matches to best of 5 instead of best of 7?

::)

The_Gu3st

You were late bakster. Tournament started 1 hour ago and matlu replaced you.

Edit: You're a lucky ass, you got there just in time even though you were like 30 minutes late.

Bakster

Screw you and your changing your time around. :'(

MathWiz20

Gut said give a quote for winning...so here goes:

"The best aren't always the best--there's no skill in whining" -MathWiz20-

Good games everyone it was exciting.  Thank you for everyone who doubted us...meaning EVERYONE lol.  We'll be back to defend our title next time!

Goes to show you that you should never underestimate noobs, even if they are...well...noobs.

;D

I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

Congratz Mathwiz20 and Jacob50. I know you guys had your doubters from the start, me being one of them ( :)) but you guys pulled it through and won. Congratz on being the first team tournament winners.

SiR gUt

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Jacob50

ok, my quote is "You tried, and you failed, so the lesson is, never try."
homer jay simpson said that btw.
i googled funny quote and i think this one isnt that bad. as for the tourney, i had a lot of fun, even if it lasted a bit too long, but that was given by the nature of the 2 vs 2 games, i mean just our first 3 games took like 45 minutes.
gut, bakster has some good pictures of our games if u need that (u said somethin yesterday)
short description of our last 3 games with dodger and bakster :
1game: we start by going second and fourth, we both have good tech stuff so we raise the alignment (with some help from dodg and bak of course who both got hovertanks), I kill laser robot with my hoverships and am immeadiatly attacked by both of opopenents, cowardly flee with jetpack towards math, eventually we both beam down spider and mech and win!  ;D 1-0 for the team!  ;D

2nd game: we go first and third, we advance to kick their asses then lucky dodger uses his lucky mutate on his lucky crappy creature and gets a spider on second or third turn. we spend the next 15 turns trying to stop the advancing spider by blocking it with lots of crap and one invincible mining droid who survived three attacks (oh and we pulsed twice) dodger and bakster played it well and made sure the spider survived and meanwhile beamed lots of other real stuff leaving us in no win situation. on the screenshot (by bkaster) you can see lots of our dead crap and me doing a suicide attack with jetpack on their comanders with no succes 1-1

3rd game: tech alignment builds up pretty quickly, they charge us while we try to play defense, 2 spiders and 1 mech is beamed, we kill their spider then resurect it leaving us with one spider and one mech while they retreat. I advance my spider to finish them, bakster leaves the game (turns out he accidently pressed backspace :D) dodger fails to beam down his mech at 90 percent (tough luck) and so victory is ours! :)
2 - 1
great games

Bakster

After this tournament, I declare that I won't participate in a tournament again!

Why, you ask? No, not because I lost, or because of bad luck. I was quite satisfied with the games we played, even though I made several mistakes (sorry Dodger :'( )

It's how the tournament was run. True, I did arrive half an hour late and I apologize for that, but quite frankly, it sucked.

I never saw anima, abc or cDigital (which could be due to me being late) even though it was a round robin. Apparently it started as an elimination tournament, then changed to a round robin after half the teams left due to them losing in the elimination tournament. (Why?)

The rules seemed to change every 2 seconds, Gut and Guest seemed to never communicate with each other (announcing different matches/rules), and worst of all, Guest kept joining our game when we were about to start, saying 'spam'.
Although this may have been funny in my normal mood, I was pissed off at the time, so I wasn't amused. >:( It was also extremely unprofessional.

And it lasted 4 hours. (3 and a half for me). What a complete waste of an evening. I could have been continuing with my schoolwork/playing other games.

And the only reason the other tournaments were short is because I was eliminated in the first round of both :'(

I appreciate you guys spending your time to organize/run these tournaments, but this one was just shit.

Thus ends my tournament career.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Bakster on February 27, 2006, 06:39:22 PM
I never saw anima, abc or cDigital (which could be due to me being late) even though it was a round robin. Apparently it started as an elimination tournament, then changed to a round robin after half the teams left due to them losing in the elimination tournament. (Why?)

ABC showed. We lost first round.

As for Anima, cDigital, and ults, I'm sorry I didn't go to their houses an force them to play. Sue me.

Why did the rules change? Because everyone was bitching. We went with popular demand. Sue me again.

Quote from: Bakster on February 27, 2006, 06:39:22 PM
The rules seemed to change every 2 seconds, Gut and Guest seemed to never communicate with each other (announcing different matches/rules), and worst of all, Guest kept joining our game when we were about to start, saying 'spam'.
Although this may have been funny in my normal mood, I was pissed off at the time, so I wasn't amused. >:( It was also extremely unprofessional.

I had quit and informed Gut that I quit before the tournament was over.

That "spam" thing I did was merely to prove a point to someone whom I won't mention, but they got the picture.

You're right, that wasn't professional. Good thing this isn't my profession. Once again, sue me.

ultswordsman

well anima  didnt show up and it was 2 min till tourny so i said fuck it
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

SiR gUt

bakster, just shut up, and communication through aim.

The_Gu3st

Bakster

Quote from: SiR gUt on February 28, 2006, 04:19:02 AM
bakster, just shut up, and communication through aim.

I forgot, Gut messaged me on MSN saying "waa waa bakster lost boo hoo" etc etc. after his team beat ours.

More unprofessionality ;)