• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Resignation

Started by The_Gu3st, February 27, 2006, 06:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gu3st

:'(

When Gut ans Tira began to do this, I was very interested and thought that I could help out. I contacted gut and he was fine with me joining. We hoped to increase the player base and motivate people to play more. I'd love to see this game come along more than it has already, which has been quite a lot since its debut in March of 2005.

It was fun while it lasted you guys, but its just gotten to be too much now. I had already been considering resigning at the start of today's tournament (2/26), it didn't go as smooth as we hoped.

But that's what its turned into. We set things up, we get people to sign up and then some just don't show. I've made extra effort every tournament to get as many people as possible. I've always gone out of my way, sending personal messages on the forums, always asking people on the game, setting up a bot to inform people, made various requests to matlu, made topics and done all the busy work that is needed.

I'd like to have just one fun tournament in which I'm not constantly being flamed during and after tournaments for things that are not in my control. I was repeatedly haggled today for not making this a 100% successful tournament.

I've had people say that I get special treatment or favoritism from Matlu for doing these things. People have said that the /kick feature should not be given to anyone, tournament staff or not, even if it is only for one day. But then those same people say "Do something about that guy spamming the chat!"

I was criticized today for not being more organized. Maybe I'm being egoistical here but I don't feel as if anything I did today was my fault. The fact that teams did not show up or showed up late is absolutely out of my control. I cannot force people to play this game and there is no real consequence for not showing up.

Tournaments had one purpose when Gut and Tira started them. For fun. It was some mild competitiveness between players for higher stakes and recognition. There is no million dollar prize, just a simple quote and picture. What more can you ask?

But now these tournaments have come down to being more of a burden for me. Frankly, I'm sick of the criticism, none of it is constructive. It's pure flaming. I personally don't want to deal with it anymore, and that's the point of this topic.

Thanks Gut, who "hired" me (not to mention, fired me many, many times) in the beginning. Thanks to those who actually helped the tournaments. And thanks to those that will continue playing in them, and will help or at least show up when they sign up.

I'm sorry you didn't get to fire me for real at least once Gut. Too late now :-\

The Guest has resigned.

Coke_Can

I would of joined, but I dont like getting on during the day unless I really need too. Plus... I suck at this game.

Dodger

:'( ...You can't quit...Cuz you're fired!

SiR gUt

thats right dodger, you tell him
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Jacob50

the tourney was cool ;), no need to resign. lack of people was probably caused by needing to find a partner and making sure hell be there. (also you need to clear up some rules) the games were a lot more fun than they would be if it was just 1 on 1 tourney ( at least mathwiz and me had some serious battles with you and wilbur and then the "finals" with bakster and dodger were even better, very fierce battles with real spideroids appearing in every game and real mechs in first and third) so next time just have regural 1 vs 1 tourney, im sure plenty of people will show up, also lot easier to organize.

Bakster

Please note that I made my big tournament retirement speech BEFORE reading this, just in case I said something that you covered here. ;)

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Bakster on February 27, 2006, 06:39:22 PM
After this tournament, I declare that I won't participate in a tournament again!

Why, you ask? No, not because I lost, or because of bad luck. I was quite satisfied with the games we played, even though I made several mistakes (sorry Dodger :'( )

It's how the tournament was run. True, I did arrive half an hour late and I apologize for that, but quite frankly, it sucked.

I never saw anima, abc or cDigital (which could be due to me being late) even though it was a round robin. Apparently it started as an elimination tournament, then changed to a round robin after half the teams left due to them losing in the elimination tournament. (Why?)

The rules seemed to change every 2 seconds, Gut and Guest seemed to never communicate with each other (announcing different matches/rules), and worst of all, Guest kept joining our game when we were about to start, saying 'spam'.
Although this may have been funny in my normal mood, I was pissed off at the time, so I wasn't amused. >:( It was also extremely unprofessional.

And it lasted 4 hours. (3 and a half for me). What a complete waste of an evening. I could have been continuing with my schoolwork/playing other games.

And the only reason the other tournaments were short is because I was eliminated in the first round of both :'(

I appreciate you guys spending your time to organize/run these tournaments, but this one was just shit.

Thus ends my tournament career.

Point proven. Learn to have fun bakster. No one forced you or even asked you to play.

I had recommended to Gut to possibly have you replace me Bakster. My mistake.

Stitchy_11

I for one appreiciate what u tried to do guest. I have recieved several notices of tourneys from you including you spending all day in the lobby reminding people to sign up for the tournaments. I have a good idea of how much effort The guest has put into the tournaments. Even though i never took part in any tournaments i wanted to and i always knew when they were thanks to guest. He truly did go over and above just being a  tournament director. I think that people need to think about how bad the tournaments would be had guest not been an advisivor. I just wonder how the tournaments would have went had guest not been contributing. I think he definately benefitted them.
Colt 45 n two zig-zags... baby thats all we need

The_Gu3st

Thanks, happy to know atleast one person hasn't bitched to me about them.  :)

cDigital

Quote from: The_Gu3st on March 01, 2006, 05:01:15 AM
Thanks, happy to know atleast one person hasn't bitched to me about them.  :)

Guest you screwed up from square one, everything you do is completly crap..   YOUR FIRED!!!    ;D

Jk, I know from my prior exp that running a tourn can be a headache.. It's like trying to herd a bunch of cats.  :o

Sorry guys, I haven't been so active.. Just busy... 

The_Gu3st

Quote from: cDigital on March 01, 2006, 05:21:50 AM
Guest you screwed up from square one, everything you do is completly crap..   YOUR FIRED!!!    ;D

Is that you Gut?

Quote from: cDigital on March 01, 2006, 05:21:50 AM
I know from my prior exp that running a tourn can be a headache.. It's like trying to herd a bunch of cats.  :o

Who the hell herds...cats? ???

SiR gUt

i actually fired guest for doing such a shitty job, he just acts like he quit.  ;D

digi thx for being such a great teammate  :-\

my mother has 24 cats and she herds them
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

Quote from: SiR gUt on March 01, 2006, 06:12:24 AM
i actually fired guest for doing such a shitty job, he just acts like he quit.  ;D

You promised not to tell.  ;)

Quote from: SiR gUt on March 01, 2006, 06:12:24 AM
my mother has 24 cats and she herds them

Your mother is a cat. Purrr  :P

Dodger

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on March 04, 2006, 11:54:03 PM
Your sig sucks.

Jealous.  :P

Nah, I actually somewhat agree, but its my first work ever done in photoshop.