• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

beacons and goo

Started by zozefup, March 12, 2006, 06:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozefup

I searched for it and couldn't find it,  so I hope you havent said this already somewhere.  What is the defense of beacons, goo, and gun turrents?  Also what is the % chance goo and fire will spread?  Thats all the questions I can think of right now..

The_Gu3st

First off, this belongs in the questions section. Second off, the search button is your friend.

Goo has defence of 6
Beacons have defence of 5
Gun turrets have defence of 6.

As for the percent chance of goo/fire spreading, there is a 1/8th chance that it will spread in any given direction. It does not necessarily have to spread either, I believe that is random action.

But supposing it does spread, it can spread in one of 8 ways. If the way it chooses to spread is already occupied by another goo/fire, it will seem as if it has not spread.

Also, goo spreads more rapidly than fire. Fire can be distinguished, randomly.

Goo can be attacked and detroyed.

And like I said, the search button is your friend. Everything I said can be found at http://www.duelboard.com/forum/index.php/topic,435.msg4439.html#msg4439

Dodger

QuoteAlso, goo spreads more rapidly than fire. Fire can be distinguished, randomly.

Unless there is only one square of fire left, I'm pretty sure that can't be distinguished.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on March 12, 2006, 06:58:02 PM
Unless there is only one square of fire left, I'm pretty sure that can't be distinguished.

Zoze should know that by now... unless of course he cheated for those points...  ::)

Dodger

Quote from: The_Guest on March 12, 2006, 07:07:53 AM
As for the percent chance of goo/fire spreading, there is a 1/8th chance that it will spread in any given direction. It does not necessarily have to spread either, I believe that is random action.

Are you sure it's not 1/9th chance, the 9th being that it doesn't spread?

See what Matlu says.

Bakster

Your mom saw what matlu said last night.

Dodger

Bakster

Your mom got deleted last night.

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on March 17, 2006, 11:34:33 PM
Your mom got deleted last night.

Bakster, seriously, it's starting to strongly resemble spam

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on March 16, 2006, 11:50:28 AM
Are you sure it's not 1/9th chance, the 9th being that it doesn't spread?

Doesn't the chance that it will not spread imply 1/9? Duh...

Dodger

Not when you say:
I believe that is random action.

I figured you meant it had a random chance of not spreading.

flamingdragon

Quote from: matlu on March 20, 2006, 04:49:20 PM
Bakster, seriously, it's starting to strongly resemble spam

Your mom is starting to strongly resemble spam.
Adun Toridas, Executor.