• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Random Boot Off Server

Started by MathWiz20, March 16, 2006, 01:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

I was in the middle of a game when I was randomly booted off the server to the welcome screen, and when I logged back in I was out of the game.

Is this because I didn't say anything for a certain amount of time?  I wasn't away from my computer because I was right there playing the game lol, in the middle of my turn actually.

Any ideas why this happened?
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

You lost connection, it happens. Unless the server crashed...

But most likely, your computer just lagged or something with your internet (low signal, lag, etc.) and you lost connection.

StarSabre

Happened to me like 20 times today. Often when I'm about to win. My connection status remains stable, it's not that causing it. I agree this is a serious problem. :O
-Crosses Sabre-

The_Gu3st

Serious problem for you, yes. For others? No.

It clearly only happens to some players, not to all. It isn't as if the game server says "Oh its StarSabre, lets kick him!"

It is a problem on your side, almost indefinitely with your internet signal or cable. Sometimes modem overheating can cause this. If you are on a laptop with a wireless connection, it may also be more frequent with a sudden jolt or cut in your internet signal.

StarSabre

Lol, I meant if this game wants to encourage a decent playerbase, as Matlu seems to be saying, then having any players disconnected with the frequency that I am would be somewhat bad if people were less hard-core loving of cw as I am. I will continue to play and try to fix this, I'm using a wireless router. I'm hoping that my tactic of waiting to see if the problem gets better will pay off. :) Anyway, it could well be a problem on my side, but my internet connection is pretty stable usually and I haven't had any problems with other online games, so unless it's started acting weirdly in the last 2 days (possible) it may be something that needs to be addressed or not. Not sure, just drawing attention to the fact that it's not an isolated event. :)
-Crosses Sabre-

Dodger

The server boots you if there is inconsistancy in your conection.
I find this can be cause by downloading. As I am frequently disconnected when I use any p2p program, or a torrent client.
Or you could check to see if your router or firewall is blocking, or interfering with your connection.
Or you could upgrade your java (don't know about this) as maybe you have an older version.
Hope that helps.

matlu

QuoteAs I am frequently disconnected when I use any p2p program, or a torrent client.
This may really be the reason of disconnecting

QuoteLol, I meant if this game wants to encourage a decent playerbase, as Matlu seems to be saying
nah, I already gave up

StarSabre

Haha ok. I use a wireless router, so I wonder if that may be it? I wasn't doing any downloading unless you include browsing internal forums, which I suppose involves downloading page information... I'll try to fix it and if not resign myself to a low score. :P
-Crosses Sabre-