• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Version

Started by UmmYeaFoSho, March 16, 2006, 05:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UmmYeaFoSho

Ummmm....Its prettier than the old one lol. I got bored with it after the first hand. Heres a few things I noticed.

1. Theres still no last trick window..
2. The cards are at the bottom of the window...but your name is at which ever seat you picked. So unless you sat in the south seat Your cards are under their name.
3. You still have to click Start after each hand.
4. You dont know who bidded or who passed when your bidding...So you could be bidding over your partner and not know it.
5. Also you cant see the lobby while your in a game...I know alot of ppl like to chat in there while they are playing...Just a thought.

Thats all I can think of for now. Overall its a start and its much better than the old one. Keep up the good work ;)

matlu

Quote1. Theres still no last trick window
will be done

Quote2. The cards are at the bottom of the window...but your name is at which ever seat you picked. So unless you sat in the south seat Your cards are under their name

Yes, now you always see "north" player on the top, "east" player on the right, etc. I thought it makes sense. Doesn't it work same way on yahoo games? Now I'm not sure. If it's *very* big problem for you I could change it, but I would prefer to keep it as it is.

Quote3. You still have to click Start after each hand.
will be done later

QuoteYou dont know who bidded or who passed when your bidding...So you could be bidding over your partner and not know it.
Hm, it will be done, it will be either displayed in chatbox, or somewhere on the game table, hm.

Quote5. Also you cant see the lobby while your in a game...I know alot of ppl like to chat in there while they are playing...Just a thought

Did it work this way on this old site where you played Rook? I decided to abandoned this concept, because only one window is much simpler to do. Anyway I don't this that you have time to watch two windows when you are paying attention to a game.

UmmYeaFoSho

QuoteYes, now you always see "north" player on the top, "east" player on the right, etc. I thought it makes sense. Doesn't it work same way on yahoo games? Now I'm not sure. If it's *very* big problem for you I could change it, but I would prefer to keep it as it is.
Its just confusing for some of the players...But i guess we can live without changing it.

QuoteDid it work this way on this old site where you played Rook? I decided to abandoned this concept, because only one window is much simpler to do. Anyway I don't this that you have time to watch two windows when you are paying attention to a game.

No it wasnt like that on games.com or gameland.com...Most people would bring in 2 nics so that they could chat in lobby and play at the same time. Maybe you could have a pop up window for the chat in the lobby sorta like uproar.com? Or maybe even put the lobby chat in the same window as the game? This is a good feature because Lets say your in a tourney and your in a game but something screwed up and you need to ask the TD a question...All ya gotta do is ask in the lobby.

missvicki

Hi just played a game on the rook site and the changes look great! One thing I noticed that is not a huge deal but would be nice if its a easy fix is if the bidding can alternate like having a dealer and person next to dealer bids first. This would give each player the option to bid first.........

matlu

Quote from: missvicki on March 23, 2006, 09:24:18 PM
Hi just played a game on the rook site and the changes look great! One thing I noticed that is not a huge deal but would be nice if its a easy fix is if the bidding can alternate like having a dealer and person next to dealer bids first. This would give each player the option to bid first.........

I will fix it soon

Dodger

matlu

Quote from: Dodger on March 24, 2006, 09:14:19 AM
Seems you're always saying that  :P
well, what else can I say? :) Anyway, I think I'm doing very nice progress with this Rook thing

Dodger

Good Job. Does this mean that the MUD is on hold though?

matlu

Quote from: Dodger on March 24, 2006, 12:00:18 PM
Good Job. Does this mean that the MUD is on hold though?
You, the MUD is on hold. It's too complex to continue with at the moment (for single person). I hope I can create new multiplayer gaming site relatively fast (card/board games - should be better than existing games), and I hope it becomes more succesful than "old" duelboard. I will continue with MUD later.

zzboots

ohh, is there a possibility of adding euchre then?  ;D
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

Is there also a possibility to adding Barbie's Playground?  8)

FastIsBack

::) Thanks for trying to get a rook site up and running here.  I played part of a game but had to leave because I couldnt see the cards, they are so small and colorless.  Can You make them bigger for us old people who are half blind?

matlu

Quote from: FastIsBack on March 25, 2006, 12:11:11 PM
::) Thanks for trying to get a rook site up and running here.  I played part of a game but had to leave because I couldnt see the cards, they are so small and colorless.  Can You make them bigger for us old people who are half blind?

YES, I'm working on it  (it will take some time thoug, please be patient)

zzboots

Quote from: FastIsBack on March 25, 2006, 12:11:11 PM

um question. why the eye rolling smily?
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

missvicki

Matlu I have a quick question, I was wondering if u intend to do a rating system for the rook players....its always been a challenge to see how high we can get our scores and that sort of thing.  ???