• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

New Features

Started by The_Gu3st, March 21, 2006, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which two things would you most like to see added to the game?

Ability to Watch Games
Ability to make Private Tables
Ability to Mute Players
Ability to Block Guests from joining your game
Ability to choose time limit
Ability to randomize turn order
Addition of a Ranking System (Master, Grandmaster, etc.)
Addition of New Cards (post below)
Addition of a Filter System
Addition of the "Castle" area (Games Domainesque)
Limit on Rated games played against a guest
Increased Board size (optional)
3D Perspective with Combat Animations

The_Gu3st

Its been one year now since DuelBoard launched. Vote for the top 2 things you'd most like to see added in this coming year. I added everything I could think of and find, feel free to add suggestions to the list.

(You can vote for two things)

SiR gUt

i voted for the first 2
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

matlu

When I started to work on duelboard I was quite inexperienced in the area of multiplayer online games - it is really very complicated thing - and I was very happy to implement at least basic functionality, and I really could not think of things like watching games, etc.

Existing duelboard game framework is stable and working very well, but it would be very hard to add new features like watching the games - because it was not designed with such features in mind. I don't want to try, I'm afraid I would only break existing functionality and introduce new bugs. (Some time ago I tried to add auto-reconnecting support, and I managed to get it working only partly).
I also think I made some bad conceptual decisions - for example I tried to follow jagex design and put many games into one package. Which seems like good idea, but it's impossible to put too many games into such package, it would be too big and download too long. If I plan to have big amount of games - they will have to be more separated (for example like they have it on yahoo games)

Currently I'm working on new framework - which is currently used by card game Rook.  ( http://www.duelboard.com/rook )
It has some nice built-in features - like inherent support for observing the games, and possibility to "leave" your place at "game table" - allowing someone else to join and continue with the game instead of you.
I plan to create several card games with this new framework, also some board games, and possibly I'll later also convert CyberBattles to it. But I'm afraid that I will not do any more improvements for "old" framework.

The_Gu3st

Yep, I understand that Matlu, this is just incase you ever change your mind  :P

For those who voted "addition of new cards" post some ideas of things that could be added.

Dodger

Please remove the addition of new cards option. If Matlu ever puts in any new cards I'm going on strike  :-[

I voted for Ability to Watch games and Ranking thing (GM, Experienced etc).

But I would also love to see the castle thing, and the playing a guest limit.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Dodger on March 21, 2006, 08:46:23 PM
Please remove the addition of new cards option. If Matlu ever puts in any new cards I'm going on strike  :-[

I don't see why it would be so bad. As long as it balances out (Add a tech card, must add an alien card), it would be fine, and make the game more interesting.

Dodger

Nope nope nope. It doesn't work like that...I don't know how it works..But the balance is perfect!

(Unless we add the predgitar  :))

The_Gu3st

As bakster would say: You're mom is perfect.  :-* ::)

SiR gUt

and as i still say, bigger board, more monsters, more updates = more people
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

I added the "bigger board" option.

Parsley or Matlu, if you come across this, could you put the option to "remove vote" on this poll?

Bakster

Quote from: The_Guest on March 21, 2006, 08:59:02 PM
As bakster would say: You're mom is perfect.  :-* ::)

Grammar lesson:

You're = 'You are'. This does not fit the context of the quoted sentence.
The correct word is 'Your'. You should notice these things since I've done it so damn much. Idiot ;)

Oh, and get rid of that sig, it's even more spammy than my 'Your mom' jokes.

The_Gu3st

Bakster

I don't know what makes you so stupid but it really works...

The_Gu3st

Quote from: Bakster on March 21, 2006, 11:28:55 PM
I don't know what makes you so stupid but it really works...

I read your posts...  :P

The_Gu3st

Ahahah, lol. I see that Parsley added his own little option on the bottom of the poll. Nice  :D