• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Game Additions?

Started by StarSabre, March 22, 2006, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

7 should be okay.

Remember the three sprite phases. And a dead phase.

StarSabre

Oh I will. I'll probably just have Iron Sabre (the guy working on it) do a single frame first, it's quick to animate but I've disproved like 4 of his attempts so far, because they simple didn't look hard enough. When there's one I'm satisfied with I'll post it here. If popular he can animate it in like 10 mins if required. As to the dead body, just a mournful crown perched atop a psi-lord's corpse? ;) I'm on cw if you wish to play atm Dodger btw.
-Crosses Sabre-

StarSabre

Ok, I just realised I have 3 other things I feel this game would benefit from which would be easy, particularly the first.

1.) Decrease Force Armour to 30%

Force armour has always been too easy to use for it's usefulness.

2.) Stop "dupli-units" in the same hand.

By this I mean stop allowing force shield to be an option in the same hand as force armour, and stop allowing alien goo to be in the same hand as fire.

3.) Goo vs Fire

Fire should be able to burn over goo. Similarly, goo should be able to quench fire. So simply change the game to allow them to move over each other instead of blocking each other. Seeing a fire vs goo battle develop would be entertaining. :)

Please comment back. If you don't like some but do like others, don't blast me, just offer criticism on some and flattery on others. :P
-Crosses Sabre-

Final Sabre

Psy-King is a great idea.  (I still think you should go with Psy-Duck :P).  There really isn't anything worthy in the nuetral alignment.  But what about percentage to beam down?  There wouldn't be any way to increase its percentage.  And you couldn't make a strong unit such as that anything above 30%.  The only way I know to fix this would be to add a lot of new neutral units, and make its alighment settings upgradeable just like alien and mech.  But man would that take a ton of work!

As far as not being able to have fire/slime in the same game, i'm not so keen on that idea.  Perhaps modify where if you have fire or slime, the percentage chance to successfully use the other actually DECREASES to 40 or 50%.  But its just nice to have both fire and slime.
1st Generation Sabre

Final Sabre

Since I can't edit the above post..

I didn't see before that it had a ranged attack on it.  I overlooked that somehow.  With that new information I'd say that the percentage could stay low and still be a great unit.
1st Generation Sabre

Dodger

Quote from: StarSabre on March 23, 2006, 11:40:42 AM
3.) Goo vs Fire

Fire should be able to burn over goo. Similarly, goo should be able to quench fire. So simply change the game to allow them to move over each other instead of blocking each other. Seeing a fire vs goo battle develop would be entertaining. :)

Please comment back. If you don't like some but do like others, don't blast me, just offer criticism on some and flattery on others. :P

I agree with this, but not the others.

Sorry I can't play, my computer is broken. I'm at school at the moment, where Java is blocked by their firewall.

StarSabre

Lol ok. The 2nd one was true of the old cw, I think, though I may be mistaken.

Final... We are not, I repeat not, calling the new unit, should Matlu be gracious enough to make one based off this idea, Psyduck. :/

As to the "school" explanation

Any excuse not to get thrashed, eh. Tsk. ;)

Kiddin'. :P
-Crosses Sabre-

The_Gu3st

I like the psi-king idea. Looking forward to seeing the graphic.

But I still think resistance should be 5 and beam down probability should be no more than 10%. I also think range strenght should be lowered from 5 to 4 and range distance should be no more than 4 (I would like 3 however).

SiR gUt

hmmmm star sabre stealing my ideaS!! now im mad
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Jacob50

new units - im not too sure about whether thats a good idead though i love the name Psyduck
also its not true you havent got anything neutral worth beaming down, what about cyborg.
teams - great idea, would make this game a lot more interesting also more fun
is it really hard to implement?

Dodger

Quote from: The_Guest on March 24, 2006, 05:12:50 PM
I like the psi-king idea. Looking forward to seeing the graphic.

But I still think resistance should be 5 and beam down probability should be no more than 10%. I also think range strenght should be lowered from 5 to 4 and range distance should be no more than 4 (I would like 3 however).

*agrees with Guest* Resistance should stay high, all of the psi's have high res.

StarSabre

I've always agreed re the 10% thing. However, the great range compensates for the lack of alignment changes. Btw, dodger, I'm confused, you agree with guest, but disagree on the fact that its resistance should be lowered? Personally I'm thinking (and I agree we should perfect these, so please criticise or modify as you wish...

Name: Psi King
Strength: 9
Defence: 7
Movement: 3
Resistance: 7
Range: 4
Range Strength: 5
Beam Down Probability: 10%
Alignment: Neutral
-Crosses Sabre-

The_Gu3st

Name: Marshmallow Master
Strength: 9
Defence: 6
Movement: 3
Resistance: 5
Range: 4
Range Strength: 4
Beam Down Probability: 10%
Alignment: Neutral

My thoughts... (name is obviously a joke)

I'm really concerned about the range... think of an in-game situtation.

2 player game, you are 8 spaces away from your opponents commander. Possible options to kill next turn is currently only teleport. With addition of this monster, you take no risk (and opponent thinking of holodetecting it from 8 spaces away is very slim) and you can holo it down and kill the commander with a 50% chance. Too powerful.

Just my opinions, the more I think about the real life applications of this the more it makes me opposed to it. Also, it throws the balance off the game unless you add a defensive move.

StarSabre

I appreciate your concern but I would like to point out that laser robot can do the same with only a 13% less chance of killing and is a 60% beam down. Moreover, they have only to put a single unit in front of their commander to prevent the range or to be in a transport, both of which is highly possible. However, I am fine with it being lowered to 4 if this is the popular opinion.
-Crosses Sabre-

Dodger

Lower range strength to 4.

Everything else Star said is great. :)