• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Screenshots

Started by MathWiz20, March 29, 2006, 12:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

This is gonna sound stupid but I'm not much of a computer person:

How do you get your computer to take a screenshot?

Then once that happens...how do I post it on here?
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

Press "PRINT SCREEN" button, at the top of your Keyboard, on the right.

Then go into your favorite picture editing program (may I suggest Paint?) and click paste.

Dodger

Posting On DB

1. Click 'Additional Options' below the main text body in a reply window.

2. Click 'Browse', browse for the picture you wish to upload, and double click it.

Note:
The file must be smaller than 164KB, otherwise it will not let you upload.
You can make the file smaller by saving it as a .jpg, or downsizing it.

3. Click Post, a picture will appear underneath your reply! Done!

MathWiz20

Thanks a bunch dodger I see exactly what you mean
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

MathWiz20

I tried posting a screenshot but it came out very low quality and very small.  How do I get it to show up clear and large like the rest of them?

Bakster

Or, download Screen Hunter
for free. It's just a Print Screen, but you can select a rectangular range on your screen instead of cropping it in paint or whatever.
It's free and you can set a hotkey to screen capture whenever!

Dodger

Ignore Bakster...

I don't understand why you can't just work out how to use Paint.
I'm damn sure no-one ever told me how to use it, I EXPERIMENTED. Putting aside the fact that it is the easiest picture editing program ever, it is pretty simple to work out.

But oh well, on to the tutorial I suppose.

Cropping In MSPaint

Crop Definition:
"To cut off the sides of an image to make it the proper size or to remove unwanted parts."

1. Click the top right button on the left side toolbar - The select tool.

2. You will see that your mouse cursor turns into a crosshair. Click and drag  a square around the section of the image you wish to keep.

3. When you let go of the mouse button the square will stay, and you can now do what you want with whatever is inside it. We wish to crop it.
Right click inside the square and click Copy.

4. Create a new image (File > New) and Click Paste (Edit > Paste).

5. Done! Your cropped image from the previous picture will be pasted into the new image.

Note:
The Image may be bordered by a white background, what I call the drawing board (everything you draw in paint is on top of this). If so then:

6. Click the Select tool again, and click anywhere on the image.
If you look closely, this will have caused small grey squares to appear in each corner in the image. By dragging the bottom right grey square you can resise the board to the same size as your image. Voila.

If any of this is unclear, then ask for me to clarify.

MathWiz20

Thanks again dodge...it worked.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow with computers...my specialty is math, not technology  :)

Bakster

::)

Why use Paint when Screen Hunter does it for you?

Dodger

Quote from: MathWiz20 on March 31, 2006, 10:20:23 PM
Thanks again dodge...it worked.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow with computers...my specialty is math, not technology  :)

;D

Do you think I should colate all of my tutorials into one thread (there are quite a few now)? That way I won't have to repeat myself anymore.

The_Gu3st

Yeah, you really should do that dodger, and also include Eddie's tutorial on posting pictures, it was much more amusing to read and it was very nicely done.

Dodger

Where is that then? I don't remember it. I did one on posting pictures too.

Bakster

Eddie's is in the 'Picture Battle' thingy.

The_Gu3st

Here you go.

Quote from: eddie on March 02, 2006, 09:13:32 AM
HOW TO POST AN IMAGE USING IMAGESHACK.US

1. FINDING AN IMAGE:
open your favorite web browser, IE (), netscape (), or firefox ().  click the address bar at the top and goto the search engine of your choice.  and are prefered, because of the image search.  type in what you want to search for and hit  the "enter" key on your keyboard:

then, look through the images that apear, and click one.  once it loads, click on "see full sized image:

2. SAVING THE IMAGE:
now right click the image, and click "save picture as"

then goto the folder of your choice.  ill use the desktop for this example, and click save.

3. USING IMAGESHACK.US:
now go back to the adress bar (you remember the adress bar, dont you?) well, type in:
imageshack.us
and hit the enter key:

once you get there, click "browse"

find the folder where you placed the picture, click it, and hit open

now comes the tricky part! this is really technical now. there will be a total of 8, yes 8  :o links you can choose from, and only ONE worksyou need to click on the FORTH link from the top.  it will be the 1st one under the picture.  it will say "hotlink to forums 1"

once you click the link, right click your mouse, and hit copy. 

4. POSTING THE PICTURE
now, once you are posting on duelboard.com, right click and hit paste in your text box.  it will just be text, but DONT WORRY! when you hit "post", the picture will magicly appear where the text was (david blaine tought me that trick). the finished product will look like this:

Dodger

lol, yeah. That was cool.