• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Why challenge Runescape?

Started by simman2001, November 18, 2005, 04:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simman2001

I don't really have a problem with it seeing as a new MMORPG (hopefully someday) would be nice online to escape to when the world starts sucking even more  ::)

But, I have to ask, why are you challenging the Jagex Team? I'm just here asking a simple question since I came upon this site looking for information about Andrew Gower (to better my knowledge of Runescape and the Jagex Team)... and now I'm addicted to CyberWars :D

Well, I hope that this question is answered, and the game IS looking good so far ;) keep up the good work! :D

matlu

Thank you.

I'm not really challenging Jagex, it's all just coincidence :) I started to work on multiplayer games in java long time ago. I created multiplayer checkers, but I did not have own internet domain, nor own server. I knew Runescape, but I did not know that there existed game like CyberWars. (gamesdomain was already closed). I also started to work on Runescape-like game, but did not get very far (that was like two years ago). Then I learned about CyberWars, by pure coincidence, I found some fan webpages (bringbackcyberwars && cyberwars forever) and I liked that game. I contacted people who maintained these pages and we agreed that I'll make a clone. Now it's done, and I'm continuing with runescape-like game. I'm not trying to challenge jagex, I'm just trying to create a game which would be played by many people. (I was slightly disappointed by cyberbattles in this aspect, only few people play it)

T3h luggage

Why challenge Runescape?  Because, frankly, it wouldn't take too much to beat runescape. :P

zzboots

Quote from: T3h luggage on January 21, 2006, 10:50:51 PM
Why challenge Runescape?  Because, frankly, it wouldn't take too much to beat runescape. :P

Execpt to have over 150,000 players on during peak hours.  ::)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

ultswordsman

ummm thats regular  theres about  17k of ppl on normal hours and  80k on peak hours do the math
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

zzboots

Quote from: ultswordsman on January 22, 2006, 01:01:46 AM
ummm thats regular  theres about  17k of ppl on normal hours and  80k on peak hours do the math

Quote from: www.runescape.comThere are currently 144412 people playing!

Stop being immature.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

Putting all the facts together, not putting all my eggs in one basket, counting my chickens only after they have hatched and letting sleeping dogs lie I have deduced that nobody cares about runescape! Next topic.  :)

Bakster

I used to like Runescape until I didn't like it. ;D

T3h luggage

Quote from: Dodger on January 22, 2006, 01:36:47 AM
nobody cares about runescape!
true dat.  Runescape may have many players, but that is just because its one of the only free, 3-d fantasy MMORPGs online.  It's really rather low quality.

eddie

i had an account on it for literally 2 mins untill i realized how gay it was.  then i went, looking to c if battlethingz or cyber battles was back, and found this site and u guys  :)

Bakster

I played for a good year or so, then I died trying to PK and lost all my stuff So I took up smithing/mining, but it was so repetitive and boring that I quit.

Now my account has been given to about 5 people, and I can't access it anymore :'(

ultswordsman

lol if you want i can let you have 1 of my accounts

Bakster

No. Runescape is too sucky now in my teen years. Especially the new 3D graphics, they blow. The 2D graphics were much more colourful and clear.

Thanks for the offer ;D

ultswordsman

lol dude  to be honest  i just play it so i can have the fun of using the d dagger and slashing shit up

Bakster