Author Topic: Why challenge Runescape?  (Read 29864 times)

simman2001

• Probe
    • Email
Why challenge Runescape?
« on: November 18, 2005, 04:23:34 AM »
I don't really have a problem with it seeing as a new MMORPG (hopefully someday) would be nice online to escape to when the world starts sucking even more  ::)

But, I have to ask, why are you challenging the Jagex Team? I'm just here asking a simple question since I came upon this site looking for information about Andrew Gower (to better my knowledge of Runescape and the Jagex Team)... and now I'm addicted to CyberWars :D

Well, I hope that this question is answered, and the game IS looking good so far ;) keep up the good work! :D

matlu

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • Email
Re: Why challenge Runescape?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:22:19 AM »
Thank you.

I'm not really challenging Jagex, it's all just coincidence :) I started to work on multiplayer games in java long time ago. I created multiplayer checkers, but I did not have own internet domain, nor own server. I knew Runescape, but I did not know that there existed game like CyberWars. (gamesdomain was already closed). I also started to work on Runescape-like game, but did not get very far (that was like two years ago). Then I learned about CyberWars, by pure coincidence, I found some fan webpages (bringbackcyberwars && cyberwars forever) and I liked that game. I contacted people who maintained these pages and we agreed that I'll make a clone. Now it's done, and I'm continuing with runescape-like game. I'm not trying to challenge jagex, I'm just trying to create a game which would be played by many people. (I was slightly disappointed by cyberbattles in this aspect, only few people play it)

T3h luggage

• Battle Mech
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »
Why challenge Runescape?  Because, frankly, it wouldn't take too much to beat runescape. :P

zzboots

• Battle Mech
  • Alien Queen
    • CWF
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 12:59:52 AM »
Why challenge Runescape?  Because, frankly, it wouldn't take too much to beat runescape. :P

Execpt to have over 150,000 players on during peak hours.  ::)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

ultswordsman

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 01:01:46 AM »
ummm thats regular  theres about  17k of ppl on normal hours and  80k on peak hours do the math
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

zzboots

• Battle Mech
  • Alien Queen
    • CWF
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 01:09:38 AM »
ummm thats regular  theres about  17k of ppl on normal hours and  80k on peak hours do the math

Quote from: www.runescape.com
There are currently 144412 people playing!

Stop being immature.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

• Commander
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 01:36:47 AM »
Putting all the facts together, not putting all my eggs in one basket, counting my chickens only after they have hatched and letting sleeping dogs lie I have deduced that nobody cares about runescape! Next topic.  :)

Bakster

• Commander
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »
I used to like Runescape until I didn't like it. ;D

T3h luggage

• Battle Mech
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »
nobody cares about runescape!
true dat.  Runescape may have many players, but that is just because its one of the only free, 3-d fantasy MMORPGs online.  It's really rather low quality.

eddie

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 06:25:11 AM »
i had an account on it for literally 2 mins untill i realized how gay it was.  then i went, looking to c if battlethingz or cyber battles was back, and found this site and u guys  :)

Bakster

• Commander
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 06:17:32 PM »
I played for a good year or so, then I died trying to PK and lost all my stuff So I took up smithing/mining, but it was so repetitive and boring that I quit.

Now my account has been given to about 5 people, and I can't access it anymore :'(

ultswordsman

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 10:58:20 PM »
lol if you want i can let you have 1 of my accounts

Bakster

• Commander
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 04:08:30 PM »
No. Runescape is too sucky now in my teen years. Especially the new 3D graphics, they blow. The 2D graphics were much more colourful and clear.

Thanks for the offer ;D

ultswordsman

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 02:56:17 AM »
lol dude  to be honest  i just play it so i can have the fun of using the d dagger and slashing shit up

Bakster

• Commander
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 10:20:05 PM »
D Dagger?!?!!!!?