• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

yahtzee?

Started by zzboots, April 28, 2006, 01:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzboots

Hello.  With the success of rook, (it's really a fun game and you should all go check it out) have you thought about adding anything else, matlu?  Recently games.com was bought out by AOL and all the games were replaced.  Yahtzee was always quite popular.  Perhaps adding this game would help boost the audience.

Have you ever played it, matlu?  if not, ill be happy to explain it.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

That's the dice game? I've played it. 6 sixes is Yahtzee right?

Bakster

I played it when I was a kid. But I forgot it now :o

matlu

Soooo:

- yes, I'm quite happy with Rook, there are mostly over 20 ppl playing, up to 50 in peaks. It's really quite good considering it was not really advertised. I mean it's already better than cyberbattles ever was.
- At the moment I'm completely reworking it, I decided to change some important things. Once I'm finished I will start making more games. Yahtzee can be also done, no problem  (well, providing it's not copyrighted)

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on April 28, 2006, 09:11:57 PM
I mean it's already better than cyberbattles ever was.

I resent that  :-\

Bakster

The trouble is, nobody from rook is playing cyberwars (as far as I know). Rook should be incorporated alongside the other games as opposed to a separate website thingy.

Yahtzee is like Poker with dice, correct?

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on April 28, 2006, 10:56:28 PM
The trouble is, nobody from rook is playing cyberwars (as far as I know). Rook should be incorporated alongside the other games as opposed to a separate website thingy.

Yahtzee is like Poker with dice, correct?

Actually it will be incorporated later. Rook will be later moved on the front page (when it's more finished, I'm still doing some changes)

zzboots

Yahtzee in a nut shell:

you get 5 dice, 3 rolls. you can roll/save as many dice as you want on your second and third rolls.

players try to fill in their score card which consists of the following:
section one: (points for the number of dice X value of dice, ie. rolling three 4's is 12 points)
ones
twos
threes
fours
fives
sixes
(35 point bonus for 63 or more points in the above section)
section two:
three of a kind (add all 5 dice)
four of a kind (add all 5 dice)
full house (2 of one kind, 3 of another) (25 points)
small straight (4 in a row) (30 points)
large straight (5 in a row) (40 points)
yahtzee (5 of a kind) (50 points) (additional yahtzees are 100 points plus an additional roll)
chance(add all 5 dice)

game, usually 2-4 players, ends once everyone has filled in his or her card.

Yes, i am not sure of the copyright on the game.

Adding in euchre would also be nice.  (I'm addicted to it ;) )
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Bakster

Cribbage!!!!!!!1!11!

haferhole1

YES! OMFG! I KICKED A$$ AT YAHTZEE!11!!! LAST TIME I PLAYED, I WAS ALL LIKE *ROLL* *HOLD* *HOLD* *ROLL* YAHTZEE!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHZAAAHAASAEHA!! THEN I GOT A FULL HOUSE, AND A 5 6S ROLL AND ANOTHER YAHTZE!!!! I SMOKED ALL DEM LOOZERS!!

...anyways, please add yahtzee, it will be greatly appriciated  :)

click my egg to get ur own