• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

The Most Ridiculous Thing I've Ever Seen

Started by MathWiz20, June 01, 2006, 01:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

This morning I was watching ESPN (a national sports channel in America).  Every day it shows the top 10 plays of the preceding day, with every once in awhile something from outside of the U.S.

Well around number 8, it said that in England there was this game that was being played.  On the TV, I saw about 50 to 100 English sliding/tumbling/rolling down a huge hill, all getting bumped and bruised.  I wasn't listening exactly WHY they were doing it because I was too busy laughing like mad, but apparently it was for some "cheese", or maybe I'm making that up because I was laughing too much and not listening to the news anchor.

Can any of you Brits explain this craziness?
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Bakster

This event isn't famous at all in britain, although I have heard it mentioned on TV before.

Dodger

Parsley

It's famous, but there are some weirder (more dangerous) ones.

Like the 'barrel of flaming tar on the back' event they have down in Devon.  Crazy bumpkins!

haferhole1

click my egg to get ur own

MathWiz20

I just saw another ridiculous thing in Britian on ESPN.

Apparently they were holding championships, and it was very popular too.  The championships were for shin wrestling...lol it was so funny watching the two finalists try to knock each other over, lunging helplessly at each other with their shins until finally one just fell over and lost the match :P
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Jacob50

I guess each country has their very own weird sport (or more)
On the topic of funny psorts, I ve seen womnes ice hockey and it was BRILLIANT!!! I thought it wpuld be played in a raher calm way, but they bodychecked like crazy, hooking, interference, everything! So much fun...