• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Just a suggestion....

Started by shademaster6, August 18, 2006, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shademaster6

... First off, before I begin, I have a question to ask: For Cyber Battles, is everything all set and done? Are you still taking in new ideas, or is that pretty much it for the game?

Now for the suggestion: There's subspace beacons that give you stuff in 3 turns, then disappears, and then there gun turrets which can attack until destroyed, both of which can't really be fully utilized offensively. My suggestion is that maybe you could include, like "Mines" of some sort. They’d work kinda like turrets or beacons, in the sense that they’d be beamed down in the same pattern, like all at one, but instead of your enemy destroying them, they either destroy or at least attempt to destroy any enemy that crosses right next to them (Proximity Mines), over them (Land Mines), or, like turrets, the controller can click on one and command it to destroy (Remote Mines), or maybe a mix of one of the two. It'd be weaker than the turrets in the sense that they're basically one-shots each, so maybe it should have a better success rate? Also, for the Proximity and Remote ideas, the mines should have a damage radius of 1 square all around. Keep in mind you don’t have to put all of these mines in to clutter the game, just 1 or at least a combination of 2 of them (Assuming that you want to use this idea). Well, that's it! Tell me what you think!  ;D
I smile cause the voices tell me to :D

Bakster

That is a nice suggestion, but I'm afraid Cyber Battles is no longer being updated, which is why the game is on the "old games" page. :'(

shademaster6

:o ....oh.... well, that explains a lot.... dang.... o well, great old game, regardless...

shademaster6

matlu

I worked on Cyberbattles for a very long time, but in the end the game failed to attract bigger user base. At the moment I'm not working on it, and I'm working on simpler card/board games (which are on the frontpage now).

The Rook card game is very succesful, but it is the only game which people play. My goal now is to attract active players for other frontpage games. This is highest priority at the moment. If I ever manage to get active players for most games on the frontpage, I'm willing to ressurect Cyberwars/Cyberbattles again, and put it among "new" games. However it will take quite lot programming, and I really cannot do it now.

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on August 19, 2006, 06:24:37 AM
I'm willing to ressurect Cyberwars/Cyberbattles again, and put it among "new" games. However it will take quite lot programming, and I really cannot do it now.

That's all we ask  :-*

Remember, Dodger is always here to help.  :)

shademaster6

Right, right.. Ok, well thanks for listening anyway then! ;D ;D ;D

shademaster6

... Oh! One more thing! while were on the topic on suggestions (And since this is the only board that doesnt seem to be in-critical-condition quiet, how's about you bring back "Treasure Crypt" (or in this part of the web, "Treasure Tomb", "Treasure Cave", "Cave of Wonders", ect, ect.). If you haven't already, you could try advertising the site on www.arcadepod.com , seeing as that's where I first heard about Castle games domain. That, coupled with the revival of "Crypt" could bring back some of the old crowd, since, in my most humble opinion, TREASURE CRYPT OWNED ALLZ except Cyber Wars  :P

*ahem*

One more thing: Is there a link banner for this site? I'd like to link this site from my website. That's it! And remember kids! Fans ARE evil, and they ARE out to kill you  :(

haferhole1

we have been preaching for crypt and battlethingz since the begining of time, but ill admit im no programer and dont know how hard that would be to do.  that might be why matlu has been working on simpler games, such as rook, eurche, and whatever he has planned for next.  good thing about those games though is people know them.  thats why theres so much more people comeing to those games then there ever was in cyber battles.

as for the banner, i have asked before if anyone wanted my friends to design a banner, but no 1 responded as to what they want on it so the topic as well as the issue pretty much died. which btw matlu, offers still on the table.  i do think guest and dodger tried to make 1 a while back but i dont remember where that went.

btw, love the idea, keep em coming.  matlu thought he was done with cyber battles before, but then came the emotes that got planted into the game.

click my egg to get ur own

Dodger

We did make a banner.....

Or two...Whichever you prefer.

Dodger

God. I remember the hardships I wen't through to animate that..Sigh... :-[

RIP The_Guest   :'(

matlu

Quotehow's about you bring back "Treasure Crypt"
It's really not possible at the moment. I have a full time job, I'm getting tired, getting old. I put big effort into "new" games on the frontpage, and the highest priority task now is to get more players for them. That's really critical.

QuoteRemember, Dodger is always here to help.
thank you :)

shademaster6

Quote from: Dodger on August 20, 2006, 10:35:59 AM

...Hey, I've allways wondered, how do you create animated banners like that? I've been meaning to do one for myself, but never knew how. Shed some light?

Quote from: matlu on August 20, 2006, 11:16:45 AM
It's really not possible at the moment.

...Oh well, take your time and do what you must. I'll just have to get my "Treasure Crypt" fix the old fashion way.... By hiding $20 in the old part of the cemetery and tricking my freinds into going to find it.... *Sigh*  :-[ ...

Dodger

Quote from: shademaster6 on August 20, 2006, 06:31:43 PM
...Hey, I've allways wondered, how do you create animated banners like that? I've been meaning to do one for myself, but never knew how. Shed some light?

Make the 3 or so frames.

Simply stick them into an animation program. (I use "Jasc Animation Shop")

The program makes the 'film' and saves it as .gif

:)

haferhole1

Quote from: Dodger on August 20, 2006, 10:34:04 AM
We did make a banner.....

Or two...Whichever you prefer.

ah, i knew u made 1, but i couldnt find it :/

Quote from: Dodger on August 20, 2006, 10:35:59 AM

RIP The_Guest   :'(

give him a week or 2, he will be back

click my egg to get ur own