• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

riddles revied and renewed

Started by ultswordsman, August 22, 2006, 05:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultswordsman

ok here we go  any1 can be score keeper  riddles are 1 point ea

If you're 8 feet away from a door and with each move you advance half the distance to the door. How many moves will it take to reach the door

ill give you all 12 hours to get it
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

haferhole1

i would saw 2 cause once im 2 ft away from it, i can reach it

click my egg to get ur own

Dodger

If you actually mean "get to the door" then you never will.

It's really just the ancient "A frog is on a lily pad in the middle of a pond" riddle.

Bakster

A hare is chasing a tortoise. The tortoise is 100m ahead of the hare. Both animals are travelling at a constant speed, and the hare's speed is 10 times that of the tortoise. Will the hare ever reach the tortoise?

ultswordsman

dodger is right and bakster urs doenst  count only winner can make the new riddle

haferhole1

u should tell ur riddles better cause, by ur riddle, im right

Quote from: ultswordsman on August 22, 2006, 05:47:09 AM
If you're 8 feet away from a door and with each move you advance half the distance to the door. How many moves will it take to reach the door

i have longer then 2 feet of arm. 

Quote from: Bakster on August 22, 2006, 02:30:09 PM
A hare is chasing a tortoise. The tortoise is 100m ahead of the hare. Both animals are travelling at a constant speed, and the hare's speed is 10 times that of the tortoise. Will the hare ever reach the tortoise?

depends.  are they traveling faster then 0 mph? is so then yes

click my egg to get ur own

Bakster

The hare is travelling 10 times faster than the tortoise.

Therefore, once the hare has made up the 100m gap with the tortoise, the tortoise has moved a further 10m forward. Once the hare makes up that 10m, the tortoise has moves 1m forward. The hare moves 1m, the tortoise has moved 10cm. So the hare will never catch the tortoise :D

ultswordsman

wait doesnt that mean hare went 10000 m then instead of 100 1 would be 100 m and 10 would be 1000

Dodger

Quote from: ultswordsman on August 23, 2006, 04:51:38 PM
wait doesnt that mean hare went 10000 m then instead of 100 1 would be 100 m and 10 would be 1000

No.

Bakster

Quote from: ultswordsman on August 23, 2006, 04:51:38 PM

Speak English please.

anima

Quote from: Bakster on August 23, 2006, 02:12:56 PM
The hare is travelling 10 times faster than the tortoise.

Therefore, once the hare has made up the 100m gap with the tortoise, the tortoise has moved a further 10m forward. Once the hare makes up that 10m, the tortoise has moves 1m forward. The hare moves 1m, the tortoise has moved 10cm. So the hare will never catch the tortoise :D

Bakster you noob. That is a retelling of the an ancient greek paradox (arrow and the soldier). It seemed like that arrow would never reach the man, but that is actually incorrect, like your assumption. You see time cant be broken own into chunks, it is flowing and constant. Therefore, the hare will catch the rabbit and overtake it.

example: the tortoise travels 1 metre/100secs, the hare 10metre/100secs.

The tortoise begins 10 metres ahead of hare. It would take the hare 100secs to reach 10ms and another 100 to reach 20 ms. So in 200secs the hare has moved 20ms.

Lets look at the tortoises progress; the tortoise is already at 10 ms at 0 secs. It would take the tortoise another 1000secs to move 10ms. so in the 200 secs in took the hare to move 20ms, the tortoise would have only of moved 2ms on top of the ten. So the hare has clearly overtaken the tortoise.

Pwn't xx

anima

Sorry some typos

own = down

rabbit = hare (whatever)  :P

200 secs timeline

hare
I--------------------I--------------------I
0                       10                       20

tortoise
I--------------------I------I
0                       10     12

anima

And to Ultswordsmens riddle, you would reach the door because space cannot be infinitely divided.

So there IS an actual number of halves to get to the door.

The smallest possible measurement is planck (impossible to be any smaller)

You can have planck length and time.

An example of planck length would be baksters penis.

Bakster

anima, don't you think that was obvious?

I just expressed the answer to make the answer look different from what it actually was.

Quote from: animaAn example of planck length would be baksters penis.

LMAO!

And how would you know such a thing? :-[

ultswordsman

anima u jack off get on aim for once u stupid choop or is karla and you finally getting it on :P