• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Suggestions after playing quite awhile...

Started by MidKnight, April 23, 2005, 08:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidKnight

1. The 50-move Draw implimented. Else, players can cast fire and surround their commander and then have the game potentially last until the fire spreads the last vacant square.

2. Distinguisher and Electropulse - two vital spells  ;D

3. Mutate spell seems too strong at the moment. I seem to be getting a 40%  chance of receiving a Queen/BMech/Pred/Spider - much higher than that of the original game. In the original game the mutated creature wasn't totally randomly drawn out of a hat, but rather the higher the level, the lesser likelyto mutate into it. Currently the possession of mutate = key game winning strategy.

4. 1-6 attack, 1-6 defense rolls at each attack. Mentioned this to you before, no rush  ;)

5. Delete the background in the turrets... please? lol. It looks wierd to have the turrets have a blue background but the rest have black backgrounds.

6. Alien blob. Although no one liked them in the original game, it provided a somewhat crazy twist to it.

7. I agree with a previous statement, although this is already addressed, I believe fire does spread a tiney bit too fast. They were never intended to be used as a defensive mech, but currently they can create nice wall in 3-4 turns easily (and potentionally make the game last forever unless one side has an eye).

8. Not totally sure, but I think the game board has an extra row compared to the original game. I'm not complaining though - it's perfectly fine. I might even just be wrong.

9. Change my name to MidKnight in game?  ;D

zzboots

1. yes eventually.

2.  You forgot disrupter and virus. :P  Yes eventually.

3.  Matlu said it was random.  Old game was totally random.  Do not question matlu!!!

4.  :-\  :-\  :-\

5. Totally agree. Turret seems off.

6. yes eventually.

7.  Fire is fine.  Do not question Matlu!!!

8. No game board same size.  Matlu changed starting spots.  That may be throwing you off.  Do not question Matlu!!!

9.  May I suggest MrHuggles instead?
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on April 23, 2005, 08:46:15 AM
Do not question matlu!!!

It's ok :) Most suggestion make sense anyway.

Quote1. The 50-move Draw implimented
Soon

Quote4. 1-6 attack, 1-6 defense rolls at each attack. Mentioned this to you before, no rush
So far I like this idea, I will think about it litle bit long, try to test it locally and possibly I'll make it this way in the game

8. Not totally sure, but I think the game board has an extra row compared to the original game. I'm not complaining though - it's perfectly fine. I might even just be wrong.
There is extra row and I agree that it is ok.

Quote9. Change my name to MidKnight in game?
ok right now

turrets graphics will be replaced, anyway I don't think that currently it has blue background?? I guess it is black / yellow.

Missing actions will be created when I have some free time (I'm really very busy right now, currently mainly struggling with html, trying to create some decent webpage)

matlu

Quote1. The 50-move Draw implimented. Else, players can cast fire and surround their commander and then have the game potentially last until the fire spreads the last vacant square

As I'm thinkg about it - maybe 30 turns could be enough. At this point, all actions are already spent long time ago, and the whole game is only hide & seek

ZAPTONE_Z

jamesishere

30 is too short, make it 40.

And who ever surrounded themselves with fire?  ;)

mad_joker

coudln't one of the two element spreads kill yourself along with opponent?