• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

money

Started by icesabree, May 05, 2005, 01:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icesabree

Hey how much money does it cost to run this game and all the graphics in it. I mean i  love this game but it has to have its cost i was just wondering
skyler

matlu

Did I ever say that I answer every question??  Uh, I guess I did  :-[ 

1. I had to buy the computer. It's almost normal middle-class PC, with some fancy extra hardware. I don't remember exactly, but it costed something between $650 - $700
2. I pay $60 monthly for internet connection. If the server makes too much traffic, the fee increases.
3. It also costed me INCREDIBLE amount of my time (and my nerves)
4. You mentioned graphics. The graphics is either self-made, donated or "borrowed". Of courser I'm trying hard to replace "borrowed" graphics with original. It would be cool to be able to hire some professional graphician/designer, but currently I don't feel like it.

Originally it was all meant just as cyberwars remake. As you can see, recently I'm trying to make something like "game site", with more games. I hope that many people will play the games here. In case the site succeeds to attract more people, I will try to get some decent ads here, which should hopefully cover my costs (would be really good)

icesabree

well let me know when you get the game done OK i know some friends that golf with my dad on weekends that  write articles in the newspaper ill have him tell them and see what they can do OK plus keep up the good work and your patients
skyler

matlu

Uh, thank you, this could help

icesabree

hey matlu you just tell me anthing you might need and i will try my best to  see what i can do i live in Florida on the rich side so i know how to get things if you know what i mean
skyler

matlu

Quote from: icesabree on May 05, 2005, 02:12:47 AM
hey matlu you just tell me anthing you might need and i will try my best to  see what i can do i live in Florida on the rich side so i know how to get things if you know what i mean

Thank you. I guess that the best way to help, is to somehow promote / advertise this site. To let the people know about it. The games need people to play them.
The problem is, that I'm not really sure how should be this promotion done.

Bakster

Spam other message boards/chat rooms?

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 15, 2005, 03:38:19 PM
Spam other message boards/chat rooms?

not spam.... just... notify them about existence of this game :)

Bakster

Spamming is more persuasive :P

exiledragon

May I suggest threatening letters?
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

flamingdragon

Exiledragon you are insulting dragons everywhere by your picture being a hamster with a pancake on it.

They are all very angry.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

exiledragon

Beleive me it was much less insulting than the alternitives  :P

flamingdragon

Well u are an exile so u cant insult dragons because you are not an official dragon since you got kicked out.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

exiledragon

The exiled dragons are the best, what with their hoarding and killing of other dragons.

SiR gUt

rotflmfao omg i cant stop laughing!! this is so damn funny! lmao a picture of a hamster with a pancake on it lmao hey exile if u cud can u plz send me it?? HAHAHAHA  LMAO
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA