• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Combat System Suggested by zzboots

Started by BlitzJoker, May 10, 2005, 05:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

I know that everyone has complained about the combat system with probes killing commanders and everything. I simply don't understand as to why zz suggestion has not been used. It is a perfect bell, is mathematically sound, and would be the fairest. The chance of a probe killing a commander would be 5% and the chance of it killing a bmech would be almost non-existant (.625%) but would still be possible as it logically should be.

The suggestion was never dismissed, and now in the newer discussion doesn't seem to be included as a suggestion. I was wondering if anyone could give me and explanation as to why?

The original topic was: http://www.duelboard.com/forum/index.php/topic,161.0.html

matlu

QuoteIt is a perfect bell

4 90
3 80
2 70
1 60
0 50

Are you calling THIS a bell? It's pretty linear.
I know that combat needs to be improved, but I have no time TODAY, sorry

zzboots

It isn't intended to look like a bell more like a house roof.  Even my proposed idea seemed a bit off, I dunno. 
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

BlitzJoker

I am not as concerned that its a bell, but the thing that I like about it is that it does allow for everything to kill everything else, as it should be allowed to. The other proposed systems simply offer a 0% chance of kill after a difference of 5 of 4.....although these should be very low, they shouldn't be zero. I will admit I havent checked the equations, but I really enjoy the table percentages.

raikoukami

maybe we should try it becuase i can't win off of luck it seems .....or "probability"

Bakster

That topic is apparently 'off-limits'