• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Battlethingz / Crypt?

Started by matlu, May 14, 2005, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

I already asked on other part of forum, but I'll re-post here:

Most - if not all - jagex games were just remakes of older, successful games.

Anybody knows, if Battlethingz (and Crypt) was remake of something? I could perhaps make such games (some people request it), but it would be good to see originals (and it would also make me feel safer)

especially Battlethingz sounds a bit "pokemon" to me. Anybody knows some similar (older) game?

Myke

!!! Treasure crypt! <3
Battle thingz was cool, but when you began to get high levels, no one would play you.
Myke-T: The alcoholic maniac from Long Island.

dragon75

you must get battle thingz!! i loved that game!! and crypt!! you have to have crypt, if not battle thingz. tons of people played that game. i spent a lot of time in battle thingz when i played. i vote for them to be put in.
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

matlu

Great. Ehm...anybody is willing to make graphics? :)

icesabree

i agree that game and cw brought most of the players there to get the old players back we must bring back someof the old great games in different styles tho
skyler

Bakster

You mean there was a previous game site and it was reborn into this?

BlitzJoker

Quote from: Bakster on May 18, 2005, 06:34:09 PM
You mean there was a previous game site and it was reborn into this?

Yep, if you are interested in knowing more about it you can give my site a lookover.
http://www.geocities.com/cyberwarsforever/index.html

Myke

I'm in for making graphics.. what program do you suggest i use?

matlu

Quote from: Myke on May 19, 2005, 12:54:56 AM
I'm in for making graphics.. what program do you suggest i use?

It doesn't matter of course. Whatever is your favourite. More important is some... artistic skill :)

flamingdragon

can u tell me the name of A graphics making program.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

You know, I'm a programmer, and I'm definitelly not an expert on graphics. I guess 2 best known programms are:
Paint Shop Pro (www.jasc.com - you can download 60 day trial)
Adobe Photoshop (www.adobe.com) - really professional software, very expensive, they probably also have trial

But both of them are quite big and "robust", and may be hard to learn. There are sure MANY simplier programms, but I'm really not an expert, ask Teh Luggage

(and I guess you could also search with google before asking, you would find something yourself)

Myke

ah ok i got Photoshop... thats how i make my sprays for CS:Source.
I'll give it a shot. I'm not much of an arteest tho.

flamingdragon

did u buy it?

i couldnt find free trial anywhere
Adun Toridas, Executor.

BlitzJoker

Although I do use Photoshop 7.0 for all my graphic needs, and it is very usefull for many more complicated things.....I only use some simple tools when I made my attempt at graphics. I used the zoom tool, the pencil set to one pixel, and a color pallate that let me choose shades of colors for shading......all of this is readily available in MS paint, or any simple graphics editing program. Look on www.download.com for a free picture/graphics editor.

Was able to find this, which looks like it might fit your needs(by the description) http://www.download.com/The-GIMP/3000-2192_4-10393528.html?tag=lst-0-25

Myke

I'm usin photoshop 6.0 got a copy from my computer teacher to install on my comp. Uhm.. pixel size for graphics?