• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

the way I play

Started by RockyRook, March 10, 2008, 04:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyRook

I would like to see more options on the game of Rook.  like No points or counters in the kitty or nest that you could mark and the player to declarers left lead after trump declared. these are all mentioned in "ROOK BOOK" in some of the Rules. also Rook Low would be a good option. Where the Rook is actually after the one in Trump.  ;D  I would really like to see the first two option for this is the way my family has played all and even before my life.  the Raven-kentucky discard style on here is where i first ever played this way.

RockyRook

I found a site describing "the way I play" at http://www.pagat.com/kt5/rook.html He just called it Kentucky Rook but mentioned it was more of a Eastern Kentucky regional Rule. only exception being we start out bidding at 110 and law it on the dealer for 105 if first three players pass.  Well my family is from Eastern Kentucky so go figure we play Eastern Kentucky Rook.  But this is the game i would like to play on here.  Maybe you can give more options in New Rooms for members only that pay the membership fee.

matlu

Sounds good, I will work on it

RockyRook

that would be awesome   ;D
Now that is a great Rook game.  no counters in the kitty and player to declarers left leads first.

now as far as the minimum bid and the law it on um bid I would like to see 110/ 105 but if players of that style prefer their style of eastern Kentucky Rook maybe we could have the option of setting it for our own style or preference. :)  maybe you could add the room "Eastern Kentucky Rook" with the above already set for that room and leave the bidding for an option if anybody else has a preference.