• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

CALL TO ARMS: DuelBoard vs. Rest of the world

Started by matlu, May 23, 2005, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

It's already half a year since I started working on Duel Board. The main purpose was achieved - Cyber Battles is up & running, playable and stable (it sure can be, and will be improved).

The game has nice community of approx. 100 active players and first tournament proved, that the server is able to handle many concurrent online players.

Ok. It's nice. And... what now? Now the game needs more players. I would like to ask you all - if you like this game - to try and promote this site. How?

- let know your friends
- if you are member of some other forum/community, write there about Duelboard. I don't want you to spam people or boards, try to do it in decent way and preferably also write few words about the game and site (and not just: click this link)
- any other way you can think of is good :)

THANK YOU

Parsley

Could I suggest registering this site at Mpogd.com (and subsequently going for site of the month), as well as suggesting it to FHM.co.uk (100 Greatest Games - most popular online games site in Britain).

matlu

thank you, every suggestion is welcome, I will try it (I was already ignored by few portals  :-\ but the one you mentioned is specialized on multiplayer games, so it could work)

Parsley

Will try some of my funky marketing tactics too.

If it works - I charge 5% of net on any increase directly or indirectly attributable to my nefarity.

mmkay?

matlu

sure, we have a deal  ::)  But maybe you could tell me what are you going to do

Bakster

A detailed tutorial to the game would be nice. Imagine if you were a newbie, and you had to read the (No offense) crappy rules, you still wouldn't have a clue.

I have had to play my own tutorial game for two newbies so far :-\

Parsley

I'll put together a strategy & then work on it.

You should see a decent rise in numbers.

I'll discuss details as & when I implement any initiative.

(& visa mobile phone gaming - no news back on that yet.)

matlu

ehm, I was thinking that I could also invest some money in google advertising (AdWords). I've already made relatively big investment in hardware, so I think that extra $100 will not kill me, as might be worth a try

Parsley

Yeah... Online gaming is a v. competitive market - a few quid for advertising may go a long way in differentiating your site from the pack. 

Would suggest firming up your games suite, and perhaps starting development (to alpha stage maybe) of your headlining subscription game before shelling out too much on advertising.

Don't spend before you can earn, as it were. 

IBN might be a decent purchase, although I haven't really looked into that side of things too much.

------------

matlu

Quote from: Parsley on May 26, 2005, 06:01:45 PM
Would suggest firming up your games suite, and perhaps starting development (to alpha stage maybe) of your headlining subscription game before shelling out too much on advertising.
can you please repeat same thing in different words? I'm not realy sure if I understood what do you mean... (in fact I'm almost sure I didn't :) )
QuoteIBN might be a decent purchase, although I haven't really looked into that side of things too much.
again, what is IBN???

Parsley

IBN is one of those software packages that gets your link to the top of search engine sites.  It's just one of the better ones that doesn't rely on hiding a reference to your site on a hundred other sites.

-------------------------------

Don't spend too much cash on advertising until you have a product to sell, or at least the idea of a product.

matlu

Well I'm sort of sceptic when hearing about something that "gets your link to the top of seacrh engine". But ok, some such companies MAY be serious (but 95% of them sure are not). Anyway, it should not be hard to get references and learn whether it really works.

Parsley

I agree.

I forgot to mention: OMGN.com
much like mpogd

Bakster

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on May 27, 2005, 02:16:10 PM
Ignored again... :'(

Tutorial would be nice thing...  I have no time to make one :(   Perhaps it would be enough to improve game rules, add some screenshots etc