• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

With holograms come new stats?

Started by picolo, May 31, 2005, 04:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picolo

Ive always wondered why fake monsters dont act the same as beamed monster. Like an acid spitter shot and my (real) flying slime and blasted it. And my (holo) slime beast took about 2. And why when i holo an Alien Queen sometimes the commander doesnt die from it's attacks.

Anyone... does holograms have the same stats as beamed... please no one flame me I have just always wanted to know this.

Bakster

I got a real spider once, and a commander with 5 def survived 2 attacks.

matlu

Holograms have same stats as real monsters.
QuoteLike an acid spitter shot and my (real) flying slime and blasted it. And my (holo) slime beast took about 2

there is no guarantee, that your attack will kill the oponent's monster. There is only PROBABILITY. For example if your attacking monster has exactly same strenght as is the defence of defending monster, there is 50% to kill it. It's like when you flip a coin. In average (if you flip the coin many times) you should get both sides same number of times. But it may easily happen that you get same side 2 times in a row, 3 times in a row, or even more.

When the strength of attacking monster is higher than defence, the probability to kill is a bit higher. But STILL the attack may be unsuccesful quite often.

SiR gUt

Also matlu i always wondered one thing aswell. When you attack like a spider with 6 different cretures, say a flying slime, laser robot, acid spitter, hover tank, fire hound, and like a sentry robot and the robot kills the spider. Do the other creatures weaken the spider at all? or each attack is its own attack. So if flying slime attacks the spider and say the spider lives does it weaken the spider at all for the next monster to attack?
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

exiledragon

The monster does not weaken as it is hit ( i think  :P)
Game user name = AnkleBiter
Calling somone overconfident/unskilled when you are losing is NOT good timing.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript order of the stick

ultswordsman

Kiz

No, they don't.
Like matlu said, there is only a probability of killing the monster, that's it.

matlu

Quote from: Kiz on June 11, 2005, 05:10:31 AM
No, they don't.
Like matlu said, there is only a probability of killing the monster, that's it.

exactly. All the formulas, tables and equations in "combat system" thread are about this. People have to either understand them, or at least believe them.

SiR gUt

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

TheMcCool

Oh my god guys... I have the most amazing idea. Get rid of the hologram feature! No more holos omglolz
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

raikoukami

i don't see why a spider getting ganged by a mob of 6 wouldn't die i think you should be able to weaken it or something...it would make sense

Kiz

Quote from: raikoukami on June 12, 2005, 07:18:07 AM
i don't see why a spider getting ganged by a mob of 6 wouldn't die i think you should be able to weaken it or something...it would make sense

The thing is that it's not that it wouldn't die, it CAN die. In sir gut's example the chance for that spideroid to be killed that turn if it was attacked by each unit would be about 50%.
This means that there is a smaller chance of the spideroid surviving to later turns. Surviving by the first turn would be 50%, by the second 25%, by the third 12%, and so on. This is almost the same as if it was being weakened except this works with probability.
This is also what makes it seem like the spideroid is being weakened.

But, really, there shouldn't be any fuss here.

matlu

Quote from: raikoukami on June 12, 2005, 07:18:07 AM

You are RIGHT! It is VERY nice concept, and it WOULD make sense!

BUT

- this is a clone of Cyberwars (and of Chaos), and these games DON'T have this concept
- to have something like "hitpoints" or "lifepoints" would require very severe changes, and I'm not going to do it for many reasons, which I already explained