• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Disrupter and Disintegrator should be stronger.

Started by TheMcCool, June 17, 2005, 02:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

There's no doubt that jagex changed many parameters several times

TheMcCool

Well I guess we don't need to match Jagex, but I really don't like disrupter and disintegrator right now, way too weak and they hardly ever work. I don't mean to nag, just wanted to make this clear.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Bakster

I agree, I have barely killed anything with those items. Once the stronger item (with 4 range, forgot the name) failed to kill a slime warrior which has like 4 Res and 2 Defence.

cDigital

I agree with mccool.  The disrupter and disintegrator just aren't working properly.  It has not worked for me yet, but I keep trying in the hopes to find an average. So far since it never work, is a very bad average..

Maybe take out resistance, and give a good chance of killing commander.  It used to be able to have a 50 50 chance it would freeze the game before.. now it does almost nothing.  I would have to say your chances are better with a facegrabber killing a commander then with disrupter or disintegrator.  If you are 4 or 6 space away and move after he does this is a last ditch effort to survive, but as of now I wouldn't advise using it on anything but very small slimes.

also, maybe have both strength  5, i believe this is 50/50 with def 5?  with only the distance being the difference.

Until we have electro pulse/virus, it's even more desirable to have a good disintegrator.  Entire slime army's were easily taken out with virus.   ;D

BladeSabre

I think it would work better without the resistance test. (And it's almost a physical attack, anyway.) If it's going to take up a turn and an action slot, it wants to be as useful as an average monster - and it only gets used once.

matlu

This leads us to question: what is resistance for?

Hm, what about using halved resistance value? For example Resistance 6 = 30% to resist (only for purpose of disruptor & disintegrator. Hypnotize would still use full value)

cDigital

i think res was mainly for virus, electro pulse, mind control .. maybe im missing something, but i don think it was ever used for disrupt and disinigrate.. was it?

Thinking back on the times when I tested the freeze bug.. I don't think it would have worked as well if res was a factor because res for comander was so high.  & I thought it was a 50/50 40/60 chance to kill that comander. 

Right now Flying slimes are almost immune to the DIS. :D

Doing a awsome job matlu!! thank you!!

matlu

Quote from: cDigital on June 19, 2005, 11:23:19 AM
i think res was mainly for virus, electro pulse, mind control .. maybe im missing something, but i don think it was ever used for disrupt and disinigrate.. was it?

This is original cyberwars description: :)

Blast a target creatures within 6 squares, success depends on targets resistance and defence.

cDigital

hmm, they lie.. haha.. jk

I don't recall having much trouble using it on high res creatures, just high def.  Unlike MC, mechs queens, but heck no spider..  too high res

it was far to easy to blast high res creatures..  it makes me wonder if they had an accurate desc.  or maybe the res just effect it less pronunced like you suggest.

matlu

I don't want to completely exclude resistance, I guess it's enough to make it less important.

My first idea was to use halved resistance value.

Another idea is, that resistance roll gets some automatic bonus, for example +2. (monster with resistance 6 would have only 40% to resist, instead of 60%)

I guess I will try one of this ideas, not yet sure which. But I will feel that these actions need to be a bit stronger

matlu

Ok, they are stronger now. There is +20% bonus to resistance roll.

Bakster

They need more strength! I can't even kill slime warrior with the stronger one!!

Rob Gambino

I like it as it is now.  I can already tell the results.  I've killed even more commanders this way than the weaker ones in cyber battles.  I have also had a fair share of failures.

Bakster