• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Reconnecting Bug

Started by TheMcCool, August 02, 2005, 05:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMcCool

The other threads about this were kind of convoluted, so let's make a new one. The main reason I'm bringing it up again, is it just happened to me on my DSL. I was playing on me DSL connection, in a 4 player game. I killed the person nearest me, then my dsl lost connection. When I reconnected a bit later, I hadn't been killed and it was down to me and one other guy. I was just about to kick his ass, when I was sent back to the login screen with no warning or message of any kind. My connection was fine, I hadn't lost connection again.

Basically, this is the bug: After losing connection once and getting reconnected to a game in progress, after a certain amount of time passes you get sent back to the login screen with no warning, exiting you from the game and making you lose those points... Obviously this bug isn't a problem for everyone, but for me and probably a few others it's the most annoying bug there is. Please look into this some more when you have time, if you don't already plan to do so.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

Bakster

My old dialup connection used to disconnect every half hour or so.

Now my cable connection never does that...except on DuelBoard... :o

My connection has just gone when playing DuelBoard. To be honest, it has only happened twice throughout my DuelBoard career, but this never ever happened on any other website since I got my cable connection. When it disconnects, I can't re-connect to the Internet for an hour or so, even if I restart the computer.

matlu

QuoteWhen it disconnects, I can't re-connect to the Internet for an hour or so, even if I restart the computer.
hm, I doubt that this game could cause it 

Bakster

Heh, it's probably my crappy computer which crashes twice an hour. But I wonder why it only 'disconnects' on DuelBoard...

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on August 03, 2005, 04:21:32 PM
Heh, it's probably my crappy computer which crashes twice an hour. But I wonder why it only 'disconnects' on DuelBoard...

this is online game which requires permanent connection. If you just browse internet you have no chance to notice an outage which takes half a second

TheMcCool

To further explain the reconnection bug I'm referring to in the first post- the screen you get sent back to with no warning, after a certain amount of time passes after a successful reconnection, is that screen with the buttons to either log in as a New Player, Existing Player, or a Guest.

Basically the exact same thing that happens when you are kicked for being idle. That's why I believe that after you're reconnected to a game, that thing that watches for idleness is no longer able to detect you and incorrectly determines you as being idle for X amount of time, and kicks you.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh