• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

commander hit points

Started by matlu, March 19, 2005, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matlu

QuoteAlso as a suggestion could you make a hit point thing
for commanders? It is a suggestion. I know it would change a huge point of the
game but may be helpful

- hit points: would be quite big change to game system and would require much effort to do it. I don't feel like doing such changes right now, perhaps in far future, when everything else is finished.
- but I had similar idea: force-shield and force-armour could work as "extra-life" (similar to transports). When commander has some shield, it would get destroyed first (and commander would lose its benefit), leaving commander "naked". This is also just idea, which is not currently planned to be implemeted.

zzboots

Hit points would increase games, and make it more difficult to kill commanders.  The average game isn't supposed to drag on and on.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Michael

Quote- but I had similar idea: force-shield and force-armour could work as "extra-life" (similar to transports). When commander has some shield, it would get destroyed first (and commander would lose its benefit), leaving commander "naked". This is also just idea, which is not currently planned to be implemeted.

Yea, this is a good idea, that way it wont drag on for so long. Like when a commander has force armour on and u have to atk it like 7-10 times before they finally go down.

*We are all destined for greatness*

zzboots

Quote from: Michael on March 21, 2005, 01:44:54 AM
Quote- but I had similar idea: force-shield and force-armour could work as "extra-life" (similar to transports). When commander has some shield, it would get destroyed first (and commander would lose its benefit), leaving commander "naked". This is also just idea, which is not currently planned to be implemeted.

Yea, this is a good idea, that way it wont drag on for so long. Like when a commander has force armour on and u have to atk it like 7-10 times before they finally go down.

Why penalize someone who got a good item to work.  You wouldn't want hp on your alien queen, now would you?  ;)  Hp will turn the game into something the game was never ment to be.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Sheep

Odin

Doesn't take much to "get a good item to work" if it is high enough Mechanoid (or Alien, if the discussion is about something else), but I am afraid I will have to agree with zz.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

BlitzJoker

I would agree with zz on this one too.