• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Baby Time is over

Started by zzboots, September 05, 2005, 10:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzboots

Well, it has come to my attention that in the past few days there has been a lot of worthless posts on the forums. (One nameless individual has posted over 62 posts the past two days alone.)

It seems like everyone is just dying to prove their worthiness, bragging about their skills, and trying to join the biggest, baddest clan for protection.  Well before you do this, there are a few things you should know:

First in response to challenge matches-
You must realize that luck is a part of the game.  And the only way to avoid "someone getting lucky" is to play a large number of games.  So okay, lets say you play first to win 10.  Well merely flipping a coin 10 times gives a .1% chance of landing all heads/tails.  You might think this provides with enough leeway in order to prevent luckiness.  But I have seen someone in force armour survive 6 consecutive mech attacks and live to tell about it (about a .1% chance simplifying things).  So just to be on the safe side, I would suggest playing 100 matches, giving about a 8 X 10^-31chance of 100 in a row.  I can live with those odds.  Of course there are two people in the game, and two different starting spots so each person should go first 100 times.  This amount of data would give an accurate statement of who is best, but multiple trials couldn't hurt.  And remember in team competition there is 4 different starting spots, so it would be 4! = 24 different times at 100 games each time.  Go through this amount of work and it will be enough to validate your greatness.

Bragging-
It seems like all anyone wants to do is brag about who is better than who, who beat who, etc.  Please note that your cries fall on deaf ears.  Greatnest in this game is undoubtedly subjective.  So ranking, judging one another is all in vain.  Remember that one game proves nothing.  I myself was challenged by another player (same one in the force armour BTW) yet the outcome of the match has not been posted all over the forums.  Humility makes the game fun for all.  So instead of trash talking, I'm better than you, attitude.  Let's work on creating a more friendly community.

Clans-
So what is a purpose of a clan?  Traditionally, clans were a family grouping that stayed together for protection.  But what protection is needed in duelboard.  The maximum game size is 6 players, so why is a large connected community really necessary?  It seems a maximum of three players per game is required.  So why not just get yourself and two friends, and play games like that.  From my experience of clans, they are basically weaker individuals who gang up on other people.  And to anyone who makes an anti-clan, is it really necessary?  If one group is merely ganging up on other individuals, isn't just as affective to step in and help without resorting to the formation of another clan, potentially just worsening the problem.  In reality clans add nothing to the duelboard community save adds hassle and a lack of fairness to all those not involved.

There's my semi-long winded rant.  Please let's post smarter with more relavant content.  And create a more friendly db community.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

For once we agree.

(Just curious, was that guy with 62 post me, dodger, or unknown?... we kinda went on a messaging spree a couple nights ago)

And I'm qutting the anti-sabres. Sorry to all those who care.

unknown

lol prolly me i was tlking about that super long sig alot  ;)

Dodger

Nah no worries, It was kinda getting a bit out of hand. I was thinking along the lines of what zz was saying. Probably gonna delete the thread, and leave clans until the DB community is a bit larger eh?

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on September 06, 2005, 01:12:19 AM
(Just curious, was that guy with 62 post me, dodger, or unknown?... we kinda went on a messaging spree a couple nights ago)
You. ;)
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Dodger

I am not surprised, we each must have posted like 60, pretty crazy, filled up like 4 pages on the PA thread and a more elsewhere.

unknown

acctually 8 pages total i kept tracked

unknown

but then again i had a 1/3 page sig  :o ::)  by the way pay no  attention to my sig. ::) ::) ::)

TheMcCool

Well I am anti- anyone(s) who are basically weaker individuals who gang up on other people. That's why the original anti-sabre clans were formed. Doesn't mean I'd turn around and gang up on others. But I don't care one way or another about being in a clan or not, in this game... In the particular case of that Anti-Sabre thread, I just said I'd join as a way of letting them know I'd ally with them against sabre teams, in the appropriate situations.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

AWS2

Well ZZ, if you read my posts, I agree with you a little.  I hate sabres because they team and I will not team a sabre if there are 2 PA members and 1 sabre in a match...but thats just me...if the reincarnation of the PA becomes a bunch of teaming weaklings, I will be the first to leave it and take the name away...I promise.

Also, bragging is part of the game. I do not like it and I do not usually do it, but no matter what any of us say, people are still going to do it.  Oh well, that is CBs for you.

I love this game and I will always have fun playing it...Peace.
I am a Happy Turtle! ;)

unknown

any1 like mu HUGE signature?

AWS2

i dont, it is a waste of space
I am a Happy Turtle! ;)

BlitzJoker

Yet pointless posting starts here.

Glad to see a view shared by zz and myself be responded to in an orderly mannor, rather than flames.

Goku

Quote from: BlitzJoker on September 06, 2005, 05:53:46 AM
Yet pointless posting starts here.

Glad to see a view shared by zz and myself be responded to in an orderly mannor, rather than flames.

Well, if zz and yourself had more good points to make maybe people would respond more favorably.  I think this is the first post I read from zz that made any sense what so ever.  zz sounds like Monkey, but this time sounds normal.

zz must have taken thier medication.   ;D   

Kidding...
Sabre's are for killing.  Sometimes it gets boring because it make the game to easy thats y we give them teaming odds.

***CYBER BATTLES TOURNAMENTS***
www.cyberbattlestournament.com

Dodger

All fair points, i would like to say that I share TheMcCool's and AWS2's veiw, we have never teamed unfairly against the sabres. I enjoy being unfairly teamed though  :D but I know a lot of people don't