• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Egoists?

Started by zzboots, September 11, 2005, 09:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur De Chanson

Quote from: tiraspol on September 12, 2005, 04:58:30 AM
Ok, if you guys are having all this fun flaming ZZ, I think I shall too. I will put my 2 cents in here also. Maybe a little more if it gets to that point. Ok, I shall begin. Lets start out by talking about our good friend ZZboots. Well ZZ you have been talking shit ever since DuelBoard started out and frankly, everyone is tired of it. You try to make "intellegent" comments and shit like that around here, but all it does is make you sound like a dumbass. I dont know if you figured that out yet, but you really sound like a dumbass when you say things like that. Why the fuck do you have to say shit like "checks and balances". WHAT THE FUCK does that have to do with "how tournaments are being run" . Cant you ever just be straight and to the point. WHY THE FUCK do you need to go out and making gay ass little fucking metaphores that people are sick of hearing. Why dont you ever just shut the fuck up, and just be straight to the point. NO GIVES A SHIT what you have to say and you "thoughts on things". This is really pissing me off and I'm sure its pissing other people off too. We are all sick and tired of your fucking little mind games and we want you to stop doing this shit. This is getting too fucking annoying. You did this threw the whole time the tournaments were out, and all you did was BITCH, BITCH, and BITCH. Can you ever stop fucking compalining for just a second. Holy shit man. When are you ever just going to fucking stop. You and your gay buddy BlitzJoker need to go find another game for yourselves and stop runining this one. I dont know if you realize this, because you are a complete DUMBASS, but these tournaments are what is going to help BRING PEOPLE TO THIS GAME. Why the hell do you have to ruin it for everyone else, I think they are all sick and tired of your dumbass comments. Yeah, you can express your "thoghts on things" Yeah. And that is what I am doing now too. I am expressing the way I feel about your fucking comments. This is getting ridiculous. I hope you use your gay little "logical thinking" and go stick it up your ass, becuase around here, nobody gives a SHIT about your kind of thinking. Can you just shut the hell up with your stupid ass methaphoric comments. I dont even know WHY I am wasting my time writing this shit, maybe its just because it came to a point where we cant take this kind of shit from you anymore. If i was matlu, I would BAN your ass in seconds, I dont even know why he keeps scum bags like you and BlitzJoker around here. Go and try to use your gay little fucking logical thinking and gay ass metaphores on this post right here. You cant get shit on this one. Your done. This is the way I think about you right now, and it will never change. Good job ZZ, way to go, you sure got a nice way with words. I'm sure your gonna go real far with that. You can go ahead and try to reply with some gay lil bullshit that you tried to think up of, but guess what zz, it wont work. You know why? Because no one cares what you have to say around here. You ZZ, are a NOBODY, and you always will be like that if you dont change your act around. Ok, I'm done here. This is the way I feel towards you, and that wont ever change. Good going ZZ, you just become a permanent dumbass in my book. Heres my way of thinking, my 2 cents, whatever the hell you want to call it.

-Tiraspol

holy crap for sumone that doesnt care at all what zed zed thinks u sure typed out a long repetitive reply..i think u care a great deal about what he thinks.. if u didnt him disagreeing with u wouldnt have angered u so much. u know everyone has a right to their own opinion... its not like zed zed was flaming anyone like you...u didnt even have any good points, most of it was just swearing.. hell if u took the word fuck out it'd be half the size lol... how about next time u prove u dont care and just think to yourself fuck the fucking fucker and leave the topic.

i myself really dont care about the tournaments...but ya usually in contests or whatever the ppl running it dont participate....maybe you should have an unbiased referree type person or sumthing who doesnt want to play.

SiR gUt

Yea sure I mean anyone who wants to volunteer to ref it go ahead dont really matter but I really dont think there is a need for it right now, when we get farther in tourneys I guess we can. If we have troubles I'll let everyone know
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

AWS2

WTF...this post should never have happened.  There was nothing wrong with the post that ZZ originally made.  I was very upset that you all trashed Blitz, who made one post at the beggining, which was absolutely fine.  I hope you will all just give this a rest.

Blitz, I did, and do thank you for what you have done.

Another point.  Let's all quit with the Gay/Homosexual thing, I really doubt that ZZ and Blitz are gay.

Also, not wanting to cause anymore contraversy, I need to get this off my chest.  I have to agree with Song...your post was very Childish Tira, which disappoints me, because I have always thought highly of you.  I put you in the upper-class of players in this game.  Im not sure if I can still consider you to be in that same class.

Thouroughly Displeased,
AWS2
I am a Happy Turtle! ;)

cDigital

Everyone should band together and help duelboard grow.  Parsley should post more links to be listed on gaming sites.  Thanks for the contributions thus far, bite my tounge on our differences.

Now I know just by posting in this thread I open myself to be flamed.. Parsley give these guys some productive gaming site links.

I don't know if the Europeans have heard.  President Bush was on vacation until public outcry from the 1 million homeless hurricane victoms cut his vacation short.. Sure it took him a week to get there and thousand were dying but what the hell.  He was probably thinking of the damaged oil wells.

www.crooksandliars.com

Everyone should get this.. http://earth.google.com/downloads.html

You can see your god damn house from satelite.  Unless of course you're in a classified.  I tried to see the military base in Cuba and those sons a bitches blurred it out, but I can see planes on the near by airport.  I saw sharks in the pale waters of Miami.

SiR gUt

I do thank blitz and zz for what they have done. I just want zz and blitz to stop complaing and flaming our tourneys. I do think tiras post was kind of childish but hey he was mad, ill give him 1 get outta jail free. =D I have also done everything I can to attract players AND I WILL KEEP TRYING.

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

SiR gUt

wait zz if you and blitz made it to finals, I wouldnt say anything, I would say congrats to the winner... and if anyone said anything other wise I would have you and blitz back in a heartbeat...

cDigital

SiR gUt

ROTFLMFAO HAHAHAHAHA That is very true. Didnt wanna think bush sucked but he doing a hella of a bad job...

ultswordsman

ok guest tiraspol and the_guest so zz  doesnt think there more benefisial to u 3 in his words so maybe have som1 else  do brackets by skill level and experiance i mean ur doing a good job but so we dont get this problem every tournament how about we just do that
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

The_Gu3st

Let me explain how the brackets are set up:

By order of sign-ups, you can paired with the corresponding opponents. For Example:

1. The_Guest
2. Sir_Gut
3. Tiraspol
4. cDigital
5. ABC
6. Anima
7. Ultswordsman
8. Dodger
9. KXB
10. ZZboots

Now, what we do is we take the first vs the last, the second vs the second to last, etc. So the brackets would look as follows

The_Guest vs ZZboots
Sir_Gut vs KXB
Tiraspol vs Dodger
Cdigital vs Ultswordsman
Abc vs Anima

This can in no way be "fixed" to better suit ourselves. I suppose after the first 8 people sign up you have the luxury to see who you will get matched up with by thetime you sign up, but there is NOTHING we can do about this.

If someone has a better idea as to how the tournament brackets should be made, feel free to suggest. I am not making any promises your ideas will be used.

Also, I am not saying this is any way meant to be offensive or cocky, but after reading Song_Flowers post I just can't help but to say I told you so. Friends always stick with friends, whether or not they are correct.

ultswordsman

yep know what ya mean and iwas thinking maybe score plus a  skill level between 1-5 and then i pair em up with the closest person to there score and level
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

SiR gUt

well guest you are wrong in a way. The normal way we were going to do it was

ALL HYPOTHETICAL SCORES

this is the order of sign ups

sir gut - 1000
the guest - 900
cokecan - 2
parsley - 400
cdigital - 90
zzboots - 800
matlu  - 200
anima - 550

This is how the matches are done

gut vs coke
guest vs cdigital
zzboots vs matlu
parsley vs anima

it goes by the points, highest point vs lowest, next higest vs next lowest, and so on.

BlitzJoker

Quote from: AWS2 on September 12, 2005, 08:44:25 AM
WTF...this post should never have happened. There was nothing wrong with the post that ZZ originally made. I was very upset that you all trashed Blitz, who made one post at the beggining, which was absolutely fine. I hope you will all just give this a rest.

Blitz, I did, and do thank you for what you have done.

Another point. Let's all quit with the Gay/Homosexual thing, I really doubt that ZZ and Blitz are gay.

Also, not wanting to cause anymore contraversy, I need to get this off my chest. I have to agree with Song...your post was very Childish Tira, which disappoints me, because I have always thought highly of you. I put you in the upper-class of players in this game. Im not sure if I can still consider you to be in that same class.

Thouroughly Displeased,
AWS2

People should take his points into consideration, what he is saying is very true. AWS is a good man.

Cdigital's post also kind of started out good.....but I got lost on how he went from that to his third and forth paragraph?!(this is not a flame  ;))

While talking(notice this word) with gut today, I was able to formulate a very simple sentence in which should enlighten everyone's confusion in thinking zz was somehow flaming you or the tourneys. It is as follows

Gut and I were talking and he said something along the lines of:

"I don't understand why zz is worried, I won't let anything unfair happen."

(This is when I thought of it)

Sometimes people don't want there to be any room for something unfair to happen. They do not want fairness to depend on someones promises, statements, or judgements, they want the chance for something unfair to be completely eliminated. This is, from my interpretation, what zz is trying to communicate to everyone.

Now the only way to ensure nothing unfair was to happen would be to have the tournament calculations/outcome be completely automatic in the code. This is not going to happen, so the next best thing that could happen would be to have a neutral party doing those actions. The neutral party will not have any kind of favor towards either side if an argument was to happen. A quote from guest clearly supports this above statement:

QuoteFriends always stick with friends, whether or not they are correct.

Dodger

Quote from: SiR gUt on September 12, 2005, 09:33:47 PM
well guest you are wrong in a way. The normal way we were going to do it was

ALL HYPOTHETICAL SCORES

this is the order of sign ups

sir gut - 1000
the guest - 900
cokecan - 2
parsley - 400
cdigital - 90
zzboots - 800
matlu  - 200
anima - 550

This is how the matches are done

gut vs coke
guest vs cdigital
zzboots vs matlu
parsley vs anima

it goes by the points, highest point vs lowest, next higest vs next lowest, and so on.

Surely that isn't very fair?
Putting the best against the weakest...Practically guarantees the best to get into the second round, at least.
If you get me...

zzboots

The only thing I am looking for is an impartial judge to watch over the tournaments.  When gut said he wanted to run the tournaments, I asked him if he would be willing to sit out and moderate them.  I was under the impression that this was going to happen.  Again, an impartial judge is just a precaution for the million and one scenarios that may arise during a game, (game freezing, multiple names etc.)

The Monopoly game from McDonald's always comes to mind.  Employee's and their families aren't allowed to play.  But corruption still occurred, not with the employee's at the restaurants, but at the company that made the game pieces.  Workers nicked the winning pieces and passed them off to family, and so no one had a fair chance of winning.  McDonald's eventually found out and did it's best to rectify the problem.

I'm not saying there is a problem now.  I want to prevent any problems from occurring.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo