• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Java.

Started by Wildtigre, October 19, 2005, 01:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildtigre

well, i downloaded sun-java but it totally slows down all my java programs and it sucks.  can anyone give me link to an older version of java? - one without the cup thing.

btw, If its zero degrees Fahrenheit tonight, and tomorrow
its meant to be twice as cold, how cold
will it be?

peace.
-mase

matlu

if the cup is the only thing you don't like I believe it's possible to turn it off. Otherwise sun's java is way better and faster. Sun's java should be always preffered - unless you have very old and very slow computer. In this case microsoft's java might be better.

here you can donwload old java, but it is 5 years old technology. Many new java programms will not work. Runescape and my games will work. You can also have installed both and switch between them
(tools/internet options/advanced/Jav(Sun))

http://www.duelboard.com/getjava/msjavx86.exe

Bakster

The cup thing is the problem with my java as well. It doesn't appear.

I downloaded the Sun java some time ago, and a few days ago I logged onto to Duelboard to find the cup sitting there. After the cup loaded, sites such as www.randomthoughts.net worked, which didn't work before.

The trouble is, I can't get the cup to load manually, it seems to appear randomly when I use a java website. I have tried the stuff on the Java Control Panel, but nothing.

matlu

Now I'm a bit confused, I'm not sure what Wildtigre meant by "CUP", he probably meant that cup picture, I meant "upgrade program" :) Never mind, what I said is true, if you have decent computer you should use new Sun's java, if you have old computer them dowload old microsoft's java using the link I provided

zzboots

Quote from: Wildtigre on October 19, 2005, 01:22:06 AM
btw, If its zero degrees Fahrenheit tonight, and tomorrow
its meant to be twice as cold, how cold
will it be?

From a scientific perspectice, consider twice as cold as being 1/2 of the kinetic engery.

(0º F-32)/1.8 = -17.78º C + 273 = 255.22 K

255.22/2 = 127.61 K - 273 = -145.39º C*1.8 + 32= -229.7º F

I hope this answers your question.  :D
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Bakster

Can someone answer my query?!?!?! Pweese?

matlu

QuoteThe trouble is, I can't get the cup to load manually, it seems to appear randomly when I use a java website. I have tried the stuff on the Java Control Panel, but nothing.
can you explain what exactly do you mean by "loading the cup manually"? I have no idea what do you mean.

Wildtigre

Quote from: matlu on October 20, 2005, 10:34:16 AM
Now I'm a bit confused, I'm not sure what Wildtigre meant by "CUP", he probably meant that cup picture, I meant "upgrade program" :) Never mind, what I said is true, if you have decent computer you should use new Sun's java, if you have old computer them dowload old microsoft's java using the link I provided

i meant the upgrade program. i have a very old computer, so i downloaded the old java link above. thx :)

Bakster

Quote from: matlu on October 21, 2005, 11:01:37 AM
can you explain what exactly do you mean by "loading the cup manually"? I have no idea what do you mean.

When I go to a java website (Duelboard), the java logo that looks like a cup appears in the bottom corner and everything works, but it happens very rarely and I can't get that to happen when I want.

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on October 21, 2005, 07:35:12 PM
When I go to a java website (Duelboard), the java logo that looks like a cup appears in the bottom corner and everything works, but it happens very rarely and I can't get that to happen when I want.
This java logo should appear ONLY when you go to a website with java (like Duelboard). You mean that sometimes you visit page with java, and this logo doesn't appear? And the games do not work? That's .. strange

Bakster

I hate this bullshit.

I uninstalled java, installed the new version and suddenly this 'verify installation' bullshit says I don't have the latest version...then I download the latest version again and it still doesn't work! AAHGHRGHAGHR

Hmmm...the cup logo appeared, but now Random Thoughts games don't work!!!

WHY CANT ANYTHING GO MY WAY!?!?!?!

matlu

Bakster, computers suck, go playing real chess

Wildtigre

Bakster

And now the cup logo never appears again...*sigh*

Bakster

OK, I tried to install Java version 5.0 update 5, it doesn't appear on my add/remove list and java.com says I don't have it either....