• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

One player games

Started by Bakster, November 27, 2005, 10:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this feature be implemented immediately?

Yes
6 (66.7%)
Yes
4 (44.4%)
Yes
4 (44.4%)
Yes
3 (33.3%)
No
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Bakster

As your last act on cyber battles, I urge you do this!

There are these two people who are on a different name/guest name every time I see them. I create a game, they leave at 1 and I am left in a one player game. Then they run off and play by themselves. This has happened to me 3 times so far.

I demand that if someone leaves at the count of 1 then all the players are returned to the lobby! No one player games should be there. It also confuses new players!

Dodger

Hahahahah!! You're so funny!  :D Wish I had been there!

willie

you gotta give matlu a break.  just think of how easy it would be to just click on your refresh button to get back to the game and plus if youre quick enough you can exit the game before the countdown reaches 0.
Quote from: Bakster on November 27, 2005, 10:25:56 PM
It also confuses new players!
new players would stop playing it after they would find out how boring cyber battles is anyways so you shouldnt worry too much about that

zzboots

Quote from: willie on November 28, 2005, 03:48:25 AM
and plus if youre quick enough you can exit the game before the countdown reaches 0.

If a person leaves at one second, then there is no chance for the maker to leave immediately after.

Stopping all one player games would be most practical.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

I agree...to an extent.

I think that if someone leaves a game, the timer should go back to 5 instead of abruptly ending the game.

What if you had a 6 player going, and one person left... would that mean the whole game closes? It would be better if the timer just kicked back to 5, to give the game-maker and the people who joined a chance to decide whether or not to keep going.

Dodger

Quote from: The_Gu3st on November 28, 2005, 11:14:40 PM
I agree...to an extent.

I think that if someone leaves a game, the timer should go back to 5 instead of abruptly ending the game.

What if you had a 6 player going, and one person left... would that mean the whole game closes? It would be better if the timer just kicked back to 5, to give the game-maker and the people who joined a chance to decide whether or not to keep going.

I think Bakster is saying that if the last person leaves you on your own, during the countdown. Then the game closes. Not if there are more people in there.

The_Gu3st

I think it should work my way anyways... it sucks when someone ruins a perfectly good 6 player game by leaving at the last second.

Bakster

It sucks even more when a jackass leaves you in a 1 player game and then go off and play their own game.

zzboots

Quote from: The_Gu3st on November 28, 2005, 11:14:40 PM
So what happens when the same person keeps delaying game over and over again?

Best alternative is to have every player agree to start, but that still has potential for problems.
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

Simply solved-

If one of the players leaves a game, the timer is sent back to 5 and the player who left must wait atleast 5 seconds to rejoin the game... that way, he cannot constantly delay it.

zzboots

Yea, What's logical to do and logical to program aren't always the same thing. ;)
-William G. McAdoo

The_Gu3st

I dunno much about programming, but it doesnt sound all that complicated. I mean, if hes able to create an RPG and remake Cyber Battles, it shouldn't be that hard to do. It pretty much depends on if Matlu is willing to take the time to make one last improvement to CB.

willie

its fine the way it is now.

The_Gu3st

Moved it to here.

And thats true, this idea was proposed before the /quit command was integrated.

Dodger