• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

battle of the pics

Started by eddie, February 28, 2006, 09:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

Inferno1537

1. everyone knows America is better than england
2. simpsons is just a rip off of every family sitcom before it...it doesn't matter, family guy is funnier than the current simpsons.  the movie's gonna be hilarious though

The_Crusade

flamingdragon

No, but I'll do it anyway.

First off, inferno's second statement is very correct, Simpson's stole a lot of their stuff from previous sitcoms, Family Guy does represent the things Simpson's did in a funnier way, and the Simpson's movie is in fact going to be awesome.

And if you don't believe me about the Simpson's stealing stuff from previous shows, that part where the guys eyes are fixed, then are broken again, was in fact in Robin Hood, when some guy hit a tree, then hit it again.

Now, about two thirds of those similarities the video's showed were so little a link that it was ridiculous or were something very common and I highly doubt the creators of Family Guy had actually tried to steal it from Simpson's.

And on another point, the creators of Family Guy no doubt are most likely fans of the Simpson's, and used to watch it a lot if they still don't now. And when your thinking of ideas for something, where do you get the ideas from? Your subconscious plays a major part in coming up with them, and no doubt all the Simpson's episodes they have seen are in their subconscious, it is very likely that they could have stolen a lot of ideas from the Simpson's without even knowing they were doing so, possibly thinking they were indeed the first to make them up. Most ideas are accumulated from previous things you have experienced.

Also, that guy who did the video's most likely found every similarity between Simpson's and Family Guy that he could find, most likely almost all of them, and do you know how many episodes of Simpson's and Family Guy there are? All those similarities are such an insignificant amount of the totals of both shows, that even if Family Guy did actually steal every one of those ideas from the Simpson's, there is still very little similarity between the two.

And Family Guy also has quite a bit of star wars stuff in it, just as much as those Simpson's similarities, are you then insinuating that Family Guy is similar to Star Wars? I think not, and I rest my case.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

Wow, that took a while to type, lol, and since this is battle of the pics.

Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Quote from: flamingdragon on July 25, 2007, 07:07:40 PM
No, but I'll do it anyway.

First off, inferno's second statement is very correct, Simpson's stole a lot of their stuff from previous sitcoms, Family Guy does represent the things Simpson's did in a funnier way, and the Simpson's movie is in fact going to be awesome.

In some cases they are funnier, in other cases not. I don't understand the relevance of your Simpson's Movie comment, if there is any.

Quote from: flamingdragon on July 25, 2007, 07:07:40 PMAnd if you don't believe me about the Simpson's stealing stuff from previous shows, that part where the guys eyes are fixed, then are broken again, was in fact in Robin Hood, when some guy hit a tree, then hit it again.

Then like American Dad, Family Guy is a "plagiarismo de plagiarismo".

Quote from: flamingdragon on July 25, 2007, 07:07:40 PMNow, about two thirds of those similarities the video's showed were so little a link that it was ridiculous or were something very common and I highly doubt the creators of Family Guy had actually tried to steal it from Simpson's.

I'd say the vast majority of them were very similar.

Quote from: flamingdragon on July 25, 2007, 07:07:40 PMAnd on another point, the creators of Family Guy no doubt are most likely fans of the Simpson's, and used to watch it a lot if they still don't now. And when your thinking of ideas for something, where do you get the ideas from? Your subconscious plays a major part in coming up with them, and no doubt all the Simpson's episodes they have seen are in their subconscious, it is very likely that they could have stolen a lot of ideas from the Simpson's without even knowing they were doing so, possibly thinking they were indeed the first to make them up. Most ideas are accumulated from previous things you have experienced.

They based their show with the idea of a cartoon family with an idiotic dad who makes most of the jokes. There was no such thing like that before the Simpsons. I think :-\

Quote from: flamingdragon on July 25, 2007, 07:07:40 PMAnd Family Guy also has quite a bit of star wars stuff in it, just as much as those Simpson's similarities, are you then insinuating that Family Guy is similar to Star Wars? I think not, and I rest my case.

You fully well know that argument is ridiculous.

My picture:

flamingdragon

lol, all your responses are complete crap and I'm not even going to waste my time and counter them, it is foolish to argue with a fool.

Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Good, because I'm done squabbling with a nincompoop.

flamingdragon

Well I have no time for communicating with a........

Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Your music is bad and you should feel bad!

flamingdragon

I can no longer see any pics on this page for some reason............
Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

You know, my pic would be great for a sig.......
Adun Toridas, Executor.

The_Crusade

Dumbasses don't get degrees.

flamingdragon

But they can become presidents......

Adun Toridas, Executor.

flamingdragon

LMAO, that pic goes perfect with that sig right below it!  :D
Adun Toridas, Executor.