• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Signatures

Started by The_Gu3st, March 05, 2006, 04:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitz

From what I have experienced, JPG uses a different type of compression. It looks as if the picture gets its pixels blurred when saved in JPG(you can see this much better on small images) I'm not really sure why it still doesn't look any better,  though. Gif compresses by limiting the palette of colors, instead of the actual image quality, always compress in GIF.

Hmmm I think the images just look that way because you blew them up.... I don't see an alternative since you said they don't look good any smaller.

By the way, I still haven't downloaded PS CS2  :-\. I am very busily working on a new website and don't really have the time to learn anything different, so I am sticking with the version I have right now to make my site's graphics.
MVP zzboots fanclub

The_Gu3st

Downloading wouldn't take too long  :P

Just leave it downloading over-night and install in 5 minutes in the morning  :-*

I think I'm gonna rework some of the images, or if someone wants to do it for me  :-*, but I'm still open to any criticism.

Also, for the time being, post this link in your signature in any other forums that you visit.

[URL*=www.duelboard.com][img*]http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9210/dbbanner19hh.jpg[/img][/URL]

^                                ^
   Here                               Here

You'll have to remove both *s in the link for it to work.

Blitz

Yes, I know the downloading won't be too bad, the problem is I don't have the time to relearn anything new, if there is anything new(since I'm 2 versions back).

I am still making graphics for my old site in 7.0, since I know how to use it. Also all of my templates are 7.0 files, I don't know if that would matter?
MVP zzboots fanclub

Dodger

Quote from: Blitz on March 11, 2006, 03:13:54 AM
Although I like the fact my mech has stayed around so long....it was like one out of the total 3 sprites I have ever made....and its still here  :).

Mine was better  ;)

Blitz

Matlu didn't think so  :D
MVP zzboots fanclub

eddie

any1 think of a catchphrase yet?

another thing, u should make the monsters look way more realistic then they are, like they do in most game previews.

duelboards new predator:

new probes:

new mech:

eddie

The_Gu3st

lol @ mech. Looks like a toy.

eddie

probly is, but it can also be in our sig

eddie

*brings active threads back 2 top

Dodger

By the way...I totally awesome'ised you're DB advert. It was so amazing I literally had to go have a cold shower to calm down. When I came back from the shower, God was sat in my chair and he said "w0w dud3, th4t i5 t3h pwns0r". Then vaporised.
It was so great that my computer couldn't take it and formatted itself (see other thread "Windoze").

As soon as I get my computer working again I'll post it and amaze you all.

The_Gu3st

Lies. God was at my house when you posted that.

The_Gu3st

I think I'm feeling inspired enough to work on it, but I don't know what else to add/fix.

I still need to finish that phrase.

Duelboard...

....(insert rest here)

Dodger

Yeah well, I'm serious about the awesomeness of the picture. It was just plain great.

The_Gu3st

Did you actually work on it? What did you modify?