• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Game Additions?

Started by StarSabre, March 22, 2006, 09:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarSabre

Alright, here are my ideas for the game. Please give opinions, and so on.

Firstly, new units. These would add a little bit of variety for those of us who were playing this game 8 years ago. Not so many as to undermine the brilliant gameplay... just enough to keep it fresh. Here are my favourite ideas.

Psi-King: This game sorely lacks a high level neutral unit, one which is only really feasible as a hologram and so has to be used when it will do most damage. It would also increase the weak psi-family. Stats would be
Str: 9
Def: 9
Movement: 3
Range: 4
Range Str: 5

Or similar. If this were approved, I would provide graphics within 2 days.

Paralyse: Range of 5, neutral alignment, cast range of 5. Paralyses an enemy unit for a random amount of turns (the same as however long a fort lasts, say, or slightly less.) Makes its movement 0, so, turret style, it can attack anything within range but NOT move. Until it wears off. Success should be about the same as for disintegrate. This would make for some tense moments.

I also loved the previously suggested ideas of
a.) Swap: Swaps a random card from your menu for the opponant's menu.
b.) Super Beacons: Makes 3 beacons, which give 2 new cards, not 1.

Anyway, those would be sufficient to freshen the game up a tad.

My other, most crucial suggestion, would open the game up to a market it overlooks; team players. While hard to program, it would justify it. Let people choose a team colour at the beginning of the match (amount of teams either 2, 3, or 4 I guess.) You can't attack team units, obviously, and they won't obstruct you as enemy units do by forcing you into combat. At the end of the game the points are divided between those on the winning team. They all get the 2 points they originally staked, and the enemy team player's points are divided. So, for example, if it was 2 on 2, the winning 2 would get 4 each. If it were 2 on 4, the 4 would get 1 each. This would drastically improve the game, in my view, allowing for more sophisticated gameplay.

Please post opinions of these options. Not random flaming, if you dislike them, please state a reason. Thanks for reading. :)
-Crosses Sabre-

StarSabre

Oh, also, I think we should rename the Psi-Warrior Psi-Knight. This would disassociate us more from the original game, would take 10 seconds, it's a better name anyway, and fits better with Lord, regardless of whether or not the King idea is used. :O
-Crosses Sabre-

Coke_Can

I still think we should put a coke vending machine the lobby  ;)

The_Gu3st

Dodger, before you even post. No one cares for your opinion  :P

Dodger

Wow...I actually really like those ideas.  :-\ Maybe there is something wrong with me...

Apart from the two old ones (swap and super beacons) I agree  :)

The_Gu3st

lol dodger, you're such an ass. You modified that post just because of what I wrote.

Dodger

No I didn't. I wrote it. Clicked post, saw that you posted before me. Ignored you, clicked post again.
I seriously would like a new neutral monster.

StarSabre

Well, that's a better initial response than I expected. For the record, I'm also trying to get the original graphic replacements worked on to fix that problem, so making a Psi-King graphic isn't taking any graphic artist's attention away from that problem. :P
-Crosses Sabre-

Dodger

You are a spriter?

Matlu has said he doesn't mind about the replacement of the last few graphics.

StarSabre

Haha. My most advanced graphics program is Paint, and I suck at it. We just have about 5 spriters within the clan, and I know quite a few others outside of it who are happy to do small jobs like this. One of them is working on this as I post. :)
-Crosses Sabre-

Dodger

StarSabre

Meh, I still suck at it. :P
-Crosses Sabre-

StarSabre

Moderation: For the Psi King, stats should be

Str: 9
Def: 8
Speed: Same as posted earlier
% Chance: 10
Alignment: Neutral
Resistence: 5 or 6

Not entirely sure on these ones. :O
-Crosses Sabre-

Dodger

Boost it's resistance, the psi's have very high resistance.

StarSabre

Well, how about 7 or 8 then? God I'm so fickle. Originally I was going to have it high, then the Guest convinced me that having it low was the only way to prevent a beamed one from being indestructible. But... thinking about it, a tentacle, cyborg, mutant, pred, spider, queen or mech warrior would have a fair chance, if they were real or beamed down, against it. There's also the option of fire, goo, etc, or simply taking out it's commaner before it does too much damage. And this is only something that will happen 1 out of 10 times people try to beam. I suggest 7 resistance. :O. Any thoughts? Btw, sprite should be done within 24 hours, I'll post it here to see what you all think of it.
-Crosses Sabre-