• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

new player blocked chat

Started by zzboots, October 24, 2006, 02:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Quote from: hammike on November 27, 2006, 10:28:22 AM
Firebird is gay?? I wonder if someone should tell HER husband???
If your going to slam someone in here you should at least know what your talking about.

::)

I think you should know what you are talking about too :P

Karm5000

Quote from: zzboots on November 06, 2006, 09:12:42 PM
you people are missing the point......

Yeah we cyberbattles people do that all the time. Anyway I agree with this discussion about horrible chat logs in the game of rook. Mind you I just ignore them and play but it really pisses me off that some people have nothing better to do then to diss and cuss over a chat log in an on-line game like rook. Get a life people. If your that screwed in the mind you should really consider brain surgery as a likely and healthy choice!

I think I should stop myself before i rant too much because I think everyone who plays or has played rook gets the point i am trying to make. No insults to Maltu but it is true that moderators are really needed and a few more added wouldn't be a bad idea if it wasn't a hassle to do.
Its just my opinion deal with it for I will change the world.

Karm5000

Dodger

I disagree with the moderators part of that last sentence.

matlu

Quote from: zzboots on November 21, 2006, 07:20:36 PM
Stop flaming eachother in my topic, go elsewhere please.

Matlu, can I please get a reply or is that too much to ask for?

Sorry for not responding sooner, I had no time to read the forum recently. I understand your point and I'm aware of all things you mentioned.

I don't like this "new player blocked chat" thing either, but sadly this is the only way to NOT have the lobby full of teenagers yelling "f*ck you" at each other.

newnamenrook1

Hey gang!!!  It is me Newnamenrook...I have been playing on duelboard but cant talk to any of yas yet to hang in there with me I cant wait to talk to you all and get caught up!!!

ownage

Matlu why dont you do it like other online games  install a small filter that makes all curse words or words you do not want used into all *******

Dodger

Quote from: ownage on December 16, 2006, 12:24:19 AM
Matlu why dont you do it like other online games  install a small filter that makes all curse words or words you do not want used into all *******

I think the fact is, he shouldn't have to.

ownage

Yes i know he shouldnt need to but instead of blocking the new players chat and having all these complaints he can just make a filter or make a series of words and saying which you click to say

flamingdragon

There would always be ways around a filter, as he not block out every single way for example if they wanted to say turkey:

turkey
tur key
tu_rkey
tur_key
turke y
tur@key
tu@rkey
turk_ey
turkey*
*turkey
turk3y
+ A LOT More

And the list of phrases it says when u click on them would really suck, u do not want that.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

ownage

yes but it may be used as a last resort

TweetyRulzz

Okay, let me put my two cents in this discussion, lol. I do not like that new nics are not allowed to chat. A lot of people make new nics for the different holidays and when they come in they can't talk. Some people who are new and who want to learn the game cannot communiate with other players to ask them questions and a how to play rook page will not help some people. I learned to play rook by asking other people questions and by watching games. If I would have had to read on how to play, then I still would not know how to play. I like the idea of a mute button and a chat filter. Also, I think that you should be able to set tables where guests are not allowed to join because sometimes they will quit in the middle of a game and it is not fair to the other players. Thank you for yalls time and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  ;D

SiR gUt

why not just have a button where u can ignore players if they are annoying??
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

zzboots

Quote from: TweetyRulzz on December 25, 2006, 03:11:52 AM
Okay, let me put my two cents in this discussion, lol. I do not like that new nics are not allowed to chat. A lot of people make new nics for the different holidays and when they come in they can't talk. Some people who are new and who want to learn the game cannot communiate with other players to ask them questions and a how to play rook page will not help some people. I learned to play rook by asking other people questions and by watching games. If I would have had to read on how to play, then I still would not know how to play. I like the idea of a mute button and a chat filter. Also, I think that you should be able to set tables where guests are not allowed to join because sometimes they will quit in the middle of a game and it is not fair to the other players. Thank you for yalls time and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  ;D

my Christmas gift. someone intellegent agreeing with me.  :D

I learned the game online asking people how to play. If the game had blocked chat when I first started, I never would have learned it.  Such a pitty because it is fun.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

flamingdragon

What is wrong w/ learning how to play via instruction manuals?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

zzboots

Quote from: flamingdragon on December 30, 2006, 07:41:02 AM
What is wrong w/ learning how to play via instruction manuals?

Rook is an interactive game against other people.  It's harder to play when you cant communicate information to other players. (RTO BOAT) or just being friendly/encouraging to the other team or team mate.  If people didnt want to play with other people, they would play sollitaire.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo