• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Does Anyone On This Site Know The Rook Rules

Started by NewDuane, December 11, 2006, 02:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

There is also a quote button. For the future.

hammike

More challenging?  I played Rook for about 20 years previous to Games.com without a Rook card or 1s.......the Rook makes it alot easier to make your bid.......assuming you bid when you have it.

RTO......Rook as Trump Only..........now I will try to explain this again......follow closely.  The Rook card (bird) is played the same as the other trump in your hand......ie the 14 or 7......must follow suit.  Not to be played as a wild card like a Joker in other games.

Comprehend?? Any other questions please feel free to ask.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

Dodger

I think he knows the rules. They're just stupid. It makes there barely any point to the rook card IMO.

NewDuane

Yes, I most assuredly know the rules, having played rook now for 30+ years.

You made me laugh Hammike when you used the acronym RTO and then explained it just as I already had.

And as Dodger said, the SPFTRC (Special Rule For The Rook-Challenged) pretty much renders the bird card irrelevant.

NewDuane

But thats the point, isn't it?  That way we can run the bid up to 95+ every time and still make it.  As opposed to, ya know, strategizing.

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

hammike

OK let me see if I have got this right.   A bidder without the bird would be too scared to bid over 80 (because the person with the bird is gonna sit on it till there is a 14 and 10 out there......40 points) and the person with the bird would be able to bid 85 comfortably because the other team wont bid.  Those of us who know how to bid when we get the bird are still going to bid 90-95, while the complaints about "bagging" will get worse. 

Now another question for you.  Why is the "bird" not supposed to be trump while if you lead the bird it is led as a trump.........and if it is your only trump card and trump is led, you must play it..........sounds like a trump card to me........hence play it as trump.  If it was a true wild card you would be able to hold it even when trump was led.
eaten today? thank a farmer!

FireBird

mostly everyone in rook plays RTO...  like hammike said... if you dont want to play rto...when they say rto at the table get up and leave... but you'll probably be jumping tables all day because its hard to find anyone who doesnt play rto

SiR gUt

wow I read like the first 6 post. seriously stfu. Damn ppl arguing over some stupid rook game. Let matlu do what he has to do and leave it at that. Apprently, if you dont like it, post what u think should make it better and wait for a reply. Stop arguing or go find rook somewhere else. If this was already resolved after the firts 5 post, please disregard what I have said.  ;D
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

MetalGear822

No middle road, at first it seemed duane was right but in Flamings maltu worship duane went off the deep end with the "donation- do you watch to many mob movies? your an idiot to expect what you want from people buy suggesting that 50$ owns someone...... Put player mods in do something but the new player mute sucks I had same problem with rto when I played with mute/didn't know what it was but the thing doesn't let you renig so you just assume it wont let you break the rules.

flamingdragon

Quote from: MetalGear822 on December 27, 2006, 03:38:25 AM
...but in Flamings maltu worship...

lol, I call my newly founded religion Matluology.  :D
Adun Toridas, Executor.

SiR gUt

THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

flamingdragon

Kind of hard not to, wanna join my newly dounded Matluology religion?  ;)

Actually, me and my family don't follow any religion, been trying to convert them to Jediology though.  :D
Adun Toridas, Executor.