• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Homepage....@ Matlu

Started by Dodger, December 21, 2006, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

Hey Matlu...

A while ago you promised us that Cyber Battles would return to the homepage...It's been a long time....

Can you not just put it with the board games? I will write whatever you need.

...Dodger

matlu

The Cyberbattles has to be postponed until I manage to get more players for other games, this is the priority for me.

The "old" games are history, and the "new" are becaming history as well, I'm working on new version of gaming framework, which will be based on flash, instead of java. That's just a different technology (let's say a different programming language) and I believe it's a better way to go (there are good reasons for it). In january there should be flash version of Rook, and other games will follow shortly.
The reason why I'm switching to flash is, that I believe that it will make the games available for more people. Most computers don't come with java installed (because microsoft hates its creator), and many people don't want to install it, or don't know how to do it, or are afraid to do it. Moreover there are troubles with different java versions. Flash is available on 95% of all computers connected to internet (that's statistics) and I hope it will make my work easier, and it will also make the games more accessible.

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on December 22, 2006, 08:08:33 PM
Flash is available on 95% of all computers connected to internet

My Wii also has Flash, but not Java :)

But...I don't see why you can't just put Cyber Battles on the homepage with the other board games. They are still there, even though you are converting them to Flash. It's not like you will lose any players because of it, there is nothing to lose. I imagine Cyber Battles has more pulling power than the other board games (not including rook) anyway.
It's not like it will take you much time.... Sigh :(

Can you at least put it there when you have updated rook in January? Please?

SiR gUt

yea matlu, honestly you putting cyber batttles on the front page, would honestly help you more than it wouldn't. It would bring you more players beacuase the players who look for cyber battles have to go to your other page, maybe the players who go to that page actually wanna try new games. Like I do, I have it bookmarked and im sure a lot of others do too. Really doesn't pay to have your work left out in the dust and its not fair to the players who want to play cyber battles... how is the game suppose to attract new players if they cant see it?? if u dont want it to attract new players than so be it. :(

P.S. played rook b4 and like me in cyber battles, I think im prolly the greatest rook player alive...
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA