• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

The name of the Game

Started by TheMcCool, March 20, 2005, 08:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsley

How about just 'Duel'

With the website being the Duel-Board, like EQ-Vault.

& according to gamespot that particular name hasn't yet been chosen for a computer game (?!)

dragon75

aw, man. it's been cyberwars ever since i started playing it in 1999. that duel thing really doesn't work. it actually does remind me of yu-gi-oh. and it is more wars then battles. but io can't change a thing. i really reccommend keeping the GAME name same, but the site DUAL BATTLERS, and get other games to reflect the name of the site. and if you do change the name, and no longer keep the name at all, i will still call it CW, and stillhang around. :)
"castle it was called, and many did play. cyber wars, battlethingz, MM, crypt. the games i did play and it is for the love of the game i stay."-me

BlitzJoker

I'm sure if we could legally keep it called Cyber Wars we would....but it is already a copyrighted name, and also the domain name is already taken.

ZAPTONE_Z

cyber wars, duel board

these all sound extremely generic
(i guess its tough to avoid on a game without plot and characertization like this tho)

Odin

CommanderBattles.com isn't taken, which I find more accurate than "Duel Board". I suggested Cyber Battles because Cyber represents the fact that it is in a virtual world and "Battles" is similar to Wars and might be more correct than CW was. Certainly the "s" at the end is because it isn't just one game that is played.

"Cyberwars.com" was taken in 1996, three years before Andrew released his. Think it's perfectly possible to use the name "Cyber Battles" for the clone name, while the site (likely having many other games after this one is finished)  has a different name. The holder of CyberBattles.com is just using it as an ad-search sort of site, so I doubt they would come after us.
"You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you, you are right because your data and reasoning are right."
-- Benjamin Graham

matlu

Hm. I guess that after finishing this game, I will start working on some other, simplier game (probably checkers). Possibly, in far far future there will be more than two games on this site.

So I guess that I'll just keep "Duel Board" as name of the whole site (equivalent to old gamesdomain), and each game will also have its own name. We can call this cyberwars clone as Cyber Battles, or Battle Wars, or whatever. If you have any other idea post it here, I will probably make a poll later.

BlitzJoker

Quote from: matlu on April 01, 2005, 07:43:45 PM
Hm. I guess that after finishing this game, I will start working on some other, simplier game (probably checkers). Possibly, in far far future there will be more than two games on this site.

So I guess that I'll just keep "Duel Board" as name of the whole site (equivalent to old gamesdomain), and each game will also have its own name. We can call this cyberwars clone as Cyber Battles, or Battle Wars, or whatever. If you have any other idea post it here, I will probably make a poll later.

Best idea I have heard so far. I don't think duelboard is such a bad name anyways.

Sheep

about cartoon cyndiccation and cards and such, i could probally make something like that up in my spare time, if i had the graphics from someone. Of course Sheep would be the main character and would be the ultra-rare super-duper card that wins the game automaticly.