• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Beacons

Started by BlitzJoker, May 10, 2005, 05:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlitzJoker

Beacons are currently allowed to be spawned next to each other, by one person putting them down, and then either that same person(if he gets another set from beacon) or another person can also use them, and they will spawn touching. They should never spawn touching. This is critical because it allows for beacon to beacon hopping with no space in between.

BlitzJoker

Another beacon problem today, a player has the ability to move from beacon to beacon because of enguagements. In other words, if a player with 1 or 2 movement points is in a beacon that disappears, and there is a monster next to him, and he moves adjacent to the next beacon(now being enguaged with the moster) he has the ability to enter that beacon(even if he has no movement points left) This is a huge problem.

Konig_Wolf

Exactly, Blitz - your second point is right on -  a commander should be in NO WAY able to increase his movement points by being engaged - to enter a beacon.  it changed the tactics on me in game when i was not expecting this. i donn remember if you were able to do this in the gd version. totally wrong in all ways. Please Change This ASAP.

matlu

Ok, sorry, I somehow did not not notice this post.... will be fixed very soon :)

Chase

Another beacon problem is that in a game once, i was standing in the middle of 8 of my own turrets and i used beacons, it said succeeded and none appeared. i now know the turrets were in the way but do u think that it should be possible to get none if all spaces are occupied?

raikoukami

Quote from: Chase on June 13, 2005, 04:06:13 AM
Another beacon problem is that in a game once, i was standing in the middle of 8 of my own turrets and i used beacons, it said succeeded and none appeared. i now know the turrets were in the way but do u think that it should be possible to get none if all spaces are occupied?
if i understand you correctly if all the spaces were the beacons are supposed to be are taken by a monster or person they will not apear in a differant place
includes slime and fire

Dodger

Bump. Beacons should be destroyed when EP is cast on commander!

MetalGear822

oh cmon these are all good things stop complaining maybe the electro pulse but the rest is great

Dodger

Beacons should be destroyed when EP is cast on commander  >:(

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

MetalGear822

should tech upgrades be as well? how far do you want to take this?

flamingdragon

No, and that's as far as I want to take it.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Dodger

Only beacons. Not upgrades. Like it should be.

flamingdragon

Adun Toridas, Executor.

MetalGear822

Nuh uh I liked the beacons doin that u jerks