• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

cant log in

Started by Chase, May 18, 2005, 04:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chase

Ok this is really starting to piss me off. I type in my info and it says something like this game has been updated, and your computer is using the old cache. I followed all the instructions there, which included deleting my cache and resarting my browser. Anyone else have this problem or know what I should do. ???

By the way I have AOL and a dial-up connection, if that has anything to do with it.

flamingdragon

What you should do is commit suicide. If u cant play cyber battles what is there to live for?

btw I think this should go in bugs section.
Adun Toridas, Executor.

Chase

Quote from: flamingdragon on May 18, 2005, 04:42:57 AM
What you should do is commit suicide. If u cant play cyber battles what is there to live for?
lol i agree. Goodbye cruel world. :'(

Quote from: flamingdragon on May 18, 2005, 04:42:57 AM
btw I think this should go in bugs section.
Ya i no. I noticed it after i posted. But it is probably just me and not really a bug.

BlitzJoker

Did you leave any browsers open? In order to clear cache you must have all the browsers closed.

matlu

- As last resort, you can also try to restart the computer, didn't it help?

QuoteBy the way I have AOL and a dial-up connection, if that has anything to do with it.

It has sure nothing to do with dial-up, and I HOPE it has nothing to do with AOL (unless THEY do some caching, but in this case all AOL would have same problem. Somebody else from AOL has this problem?).

More likely it has something to do with your operating system AND the web broswer you are using (exact version). I've heard that some versions of Internet Explorer have some problem with caching. If you use Windows XP, you SHOULD apply at least Service Pack 1. If you use older version of windows, you should apply latest updates from microsoft.

There are few way to fix this problem, but I'm not sure if they would work:
-  I can slightly change the name of donwloaded program each time I upload new version (something like client1, client2, etc). It COULD work (your browser really cannot use cached version, because it has different name). This could really work well - but if some stupid browser decides to cache whole html page we are at the beginning
- I could download the code "myself", through tcp connection (instead of letting your browser download it). This would 100% solve the problem - but it would require you to click YES/NO (exactly same way as when you play runescape). Some people don't like clicking YES (I myself am VERY paranoid, because in MOST cases, when you are viewing some not-trustworthy page, they make you download some spyware/adware etc)

- I don't know if somebody is expert in this area, let me know

- and btw - I use Windows XP with Service Pack 1 - and for me is always enough to close all browser windows, and next time it works

flamingdragon

shouldnt you get sp2 in the near future?
Adun Toridas, Executor.

matlu

I'm not sure, I'm quite happy with SP1. I heard that some programs don't work with SP2

BlitzJoker

I have heard some sad stories of SP2........... :-\ I believe it was their attempt at blocking spyware and such? Just download Microsoft AntiSpyware and you should be fine in that respect.

Chase

ok I finally got it to work. I have no idea why it is working today but not yesterday ???  Could have been any # of reasons. This thread can be closed now.

matlu

Quote from: Chase on May 18, 2005, 11:47:30 PM
ok I finally got it to work. I have no idea why it is working today but not yesterday ???  Could have been any # of reasons. This thread can be closed now.

- the reason might be: the time. Expiration of objects in case may be also somehow determined by time (although in this case it should not be)
- as last resort, always try to restart the copmuter

ultswordsman

ok now im getting super ticked  off  ok i restarted my compuiter twice, and when i  log in put in my name and pass. it says logging in and then takes me back to log in page and another weird thing is it loads up to 102% before going into log in screen

HellsRage666

Idk whats wrong with your comp ult. but i can log in fine. But yeah matlu, today my thing loaded up to 113% before letting me put my info in and another time only to 104%. Weird huh?

matlu

Quote from: HellsRage666 on May 21, 2005, 07:26:13 AM
Idk whats wrong with your comp ult. but i can log in fine. But yeah matlu, today my thing loaded up to 113% before letting me put my info in and another time only to 104%. Weird huh?

nothing weird. Datafile size changes quite often (when there is new graphics or any other data), and mostly I forget to reflect this change in the code.

matlu

That sounds really strange, I have no idea what it may be. Really doesn't look like it has anything to do with new version which I uploaded today.
Maybe you upgraded your browser recently, or switched to different browser?

matlu

It might be enough just to restart the computer