• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

battle thingz

Started by Adam, July 10, 2005, 04:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeSabre

There's not much strategy in the big MMORPGs either, but people play those...

Adam

there is strategy involved, that in choosing the right body parts for the right attacks... also yes it was summarized that its guessing but its also the ability to choose the right attacks for the right time... it was failed to mention that some hits had different accuracies than others, and the unicorn head had a heal ability so there was some strategy involved...

crypt was fun but i dont think it was better, and this would probably be easier to get done if people chip in and tell you how the game was in detail

TheMcCool

The only strategy was in making a more effective monster than the other guys. One of my monsters used healing and poison, if I remember right. Another was all-out offense and blocking. I didn't have to think alot during battles, just plug away... And I always beat monsters that had parts a level higher than mine, unless they had the same parts as me or something very similar. Seriously, learn Chess. Then you'll have a better idea of what real strategy is.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.
-The very available Song Flower

(Please Copy and Paste This In Your Profile Wink) <<i dont see the point.  Huh

zzboots

While I didn't play battle thingz all that often I still played it enough to provide a few comments.

-First off there was always huge gaps between the stronger monsters and weaker monsters.  So people had a limited number of opponents to play against.  Then everyone would try to take advantage of new players.

-Instead of playing the game as it was intended, people would instead trade for points.  One person would kill another person's weak monster and then they would switch.  They put a 5 kill limit to try to stop these trades but they still occurred way too frequently.

-Then of course there was the monster parts themselves.  There were some parts that were always over powering so all of the top players had the same basic monsters.

-I agree that the game was basically just luck.  There really wasn't any skill in picking the right parts once everyone knew what ones were best.  And then it was just picking random actions in order to defeat your opponent.

I don't think battle thingz would be a good game to try to recreate.  I've heard some people saying that they would like to see battleship added to the game.  But I also wouldn't mind seeing mystery monster (a monster filled version of guess who).  Crypt is a lot more adventous adventurous more entertainment and variety.  Perhaps some 3d version of crypt could be the focus of your rpg, matlu.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

matlu

QuoteI don't think battle thingz would be a good game to try to recreate.  I've heard some people saying that they would like to see battleship added to the game.  But I also wouldn't mind seeing mystery monster (a monster filled version of guess who).  Crypt is a lot more adventous adventurous more entertainment and variety.  Perhaps some 3d version of crypt could be the focus of your rpg, matlu.

Battleship should be easy to do, and I will gladly make it.
I'm not sure what do you call "guess who", but maybe it is called "pexeso" in my country (if it's same game, not sure)

zzboots

Guess Who is a game where each person starts off with a secret person.  Then each opponent would ask questions like does your person have brown hair?  They would alternate questions and eliminate the people until one person correctly guesses his or her opponent's secret character.  I just liked mystery monster because they used crazy monsters instead of people.  I doubt it is worth making though.
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo

Adam

i liked mystery monster except no one ever played it... there were a bunch of monsters for each persons screen and 1 would be gold barred off and the rest either not barred at all or all silver barred off and you would ask questions like does the monster have tentacles or 1 eye or 3 eyes and such to narrow down what your opponents monster was and it was your job to keep track of finding out which monsters it wasnt

then when you had 1 monster that wasnt barred at all or 1 monster that was barred it would give the option to guess opponents monster and if you were wrong you lost the game

by barred all the monsters were in boxes and you could put bars around them(like a jail cell)

youre right that battle thingz didnt require that much strategy but i think it did require enough strategy of choosing the right attacks, maintaining your energy and stuff like that to last the fight...

battle ships would be nice but i think what would be more fun and progressive is less conventional games... its good to have the classics but something new and exciting that you cant get out a board and play irl attracts people...

you dont get online if you want to play chess all the time... you can play that against the computer... almost all opporating systems come with it... if not its 5 bucks to buy a cd and you got it... along with a lot of other conventional games or you could just download them all for free... what people look for in stuff like this is new games to learn to play and have fun at... just my opinion though

TheMcCool

Playing against the computer is boring, it's either too easy or too hard... It is funner to play it in real life, but I don't go to a chess club or anything, so I only play friends very occasionally. It's nice to play a quick game online once in a while. But I guess you might not understand if you don't enjoy chess. No biggy.
ZZ, to me you're nothing but one incredibly smokin' hott, built up, knowledgable hunk of man. And yes, I hope you put this in your sig too.

Adam

i play checkers and its about the same... its the fact that theyre classic games... classics are good except theyre... well classics... requirement for being a classic is being old... we want new stuff... or at least i do

bizolt

i think matlu should start with crypt as he intended...while he is working on that, we cpntribut e graphics, so itll be very easy for him to make battle thingz

Adam

i suppose that would be an idea, although graphics isnt a majorly hard thing for battle thingz

Bakster

So what the hell is 'crypt'?

And this old website, it was made of many games? Not just cyber battles?

matlu

Quote from: Bakster on July 13, 2005, 04:08:45 PM
So what the hell is 'crypt'?

And this old website, it was made of many games? Not just cyber battles?

lol, good to have you here, Bakster :) I couldn't say it better myself  ;D

Wildtigre

Work on Cyrpt instead :D

TheMcCool

Yeah it was made of many games. Basically when you logged in, you'd enter a big crappy looking 3d castle thing. You couldn't actually see other people, but you could move around inside it. That was the main chat lobby. There were a bunch of doors inside the castle, and behind each door was a different game with its own lobby from which you could create games/issue challenges.