• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Riddles!

Started by haferhole1, October 05, 2005, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultswordsman

is the answer to ur riddle  human beings
u dumbass guest that was easy to quest thanks to gut

The_Gu3st

No the answer to the riddle is 7. The first person to post the answer gets 10 points!

haferhole1

not sure if this is another riddle, so just to be sure...

the answer

click my egg to get ur own

The_Gu3st

7? What kinda of retarded answer is that...? Who the hell says 7 when Im asking about something with legs and toes and fingers and poop and stuff? 7? Are you kidding me? Dumbass.

haferhole1

click my egg to get ur own

The_Gu3st

Yeah, okay... anyone can make up fake quotes, and thats lame.

willie

ill go with hippopotamus as the answer.

Bakster

So, an eccentric entrepreneur by the name of Alphonse Null has sent out a press release about his new, mind-blowing hotel: The Hotel Infinity. Null informs the world that this hotel has an infinite number of rooms (specifically, an infinity equal to the cardinality of the integers). A quick tour puts skeptics' claims to rest; as far as anyone can tell, this hotel has infinite rooms. The consequences are mind-boggling, and Null sets up a press conference to answer questions...

"So, Mr. Null, how will patrons get to their room, if their room number has, say, more digits than protons in the universe?"

"The elevators have an ingenious formula device instead of buttons... simply input the formula for your room number, with Ackermann numbers or somesuch... your room formula can be picked up at the front desk. There's not even any need to know what the formula means!"

"How do you produce the power and water for this hotel?"

"I have infinite generators and wells, of course. This IS an infinite hotel, you know! *chuckle*"

"What about costs? How much will it cost to stay here?"

"That's the beauty of it! Since there are as many positive even integers as there are integers, I can change the same price to only every other room and still make the same profit! I could charge only every millionth room... each guest has a one-in-a-million chance of not getting a free room, and I still get paid the same! I love the properties of infinite sets, especially when it comes to profit!"

"But, Mr. Null... I think you've made a severe mistake in your assumptions regarding profit..."

"Oh?"

The reporter then mentioned something which made Mr. Null's face turn white.

"Oh... oh goodness... THIS PRESS CONFERENCE IS OVER!" Then he ran out.

Assuming that everything Null said about the hotel is true: it really is infinite; it really is easy to get to your room; it really can generate infinite power for the guests; the cardinality of the set of multiples of a million, is the same as the cardinality of the integers...

So with what simple assumption did Mr. Null go wrong?

Dodger

Did you make that up?

Why are there as many positive even integers as all integers?

Bakster

Was that supposed to be an attempt at answering the riddle?

No, I didn't make this up.

Dodger

I was asking a question about the riddle...

ultswordsman

it will be so tall how will the people out of the  atmosphere breath

The_Gu3st

YAY FOR WILLIE! He got the answer!

Slayer_Z

OH MY GOD, WE KILLED KENNY.
WERE BASTARDS

ultswordsman