• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

commander graphics?

Started by willie, November 01, 2005, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger

That is basically what he is doing....only with a bomb...

Dodger

Matlu has asked me to make a laughing commander (hahah you failed the 90% Mech, etc ;)).

Can you tell me what it should look like?

You can also comment Guest, as long as you don't say rolling on the floor laughing :)!

matlu

ok, you have:

/burger
and
/suicide

There also is  /quit   - but it doesn't show any animation, it just boots you to lobby

matlu

Quote from: virtuoso on December 02, 2005, 02:52:08 PM
Now let's get this straight. If i so happen to tell someone that /quit is a new emote, it's not cheating, right?  : P

It's not cheating. (But it's still punished by account deleting and/or banning)

The_Gu3st

I think you may want to reconsider the /quit animation. I feel as if it'll bring about a lot more cheating and more contreversies.

Or, you could do this:

once you type /quit, you are prompted with a message that asks "Are you sure you want to leave the game?" to which you can press a "yes" or a "no" button.

That might stop some of the possible cheating.

The_Gu3st

As for the laughing commander, it sounds like a good idea... as for what it should look like...no clue.

It seems kinda hard to make such a small figure look as if it is laughing. Perhaps you could make it point at a commander while jerking his head back and forth (The point and laugh type thing).

Bakster

The_Gu3st

Quote from: The_Gu3st on December 02, 2005, 11:12:47 PM
I think you may want to reconsider the /quit animation. I feel as if it'll bring about a lot more cheating and more contreversies.

Or, you could do this:

once you type /quit, you are prompted with a message that asks "Are you sure you want to leave the game?" to which you can press a "yes" or a "no" button.

That might stop some of the possible cheating.

Wanted to BUMP this back up so you could see it Matlu.

matlu

Quoteonce you type /quit, you are prompted with a message that asks "Are you sure you want to leave the game?" to which you can press a "yes" or a "no" button.

there exist many programs and many games used by milions of people, which have /quit as command to exit, without additional confirmation. (IRC is such program, and hundreds of MUDs are such games).
Really, it seems like overkill to me.

The_Gu3st

Example one-

Yesterday in a game I was playing with dodger and some other guy. I used the /suicide emote and he asked me how I did it so I said "Secret :-)"

Then, he went on to experiment, and needless to say, he tried /quit.

matlu

first thing is, that are should not be making a secret of it, it's meant to be known to everybody. Second thing is, that he learned what is meaning of /quit and next time he'll know what it does.

The_Gu3st

;D

Good way of looking at it  :D

And I wasnt gonna keep it a secret, I was just showing off a bit  :P

Dodger

Quote from: matlu on December 03, 2005, 09:10:02 PM
first thing is, that are should not be making a secret of it, it's meant to be known to everybody. Second thing is, that he learned what is meaning of /quit and next time he'll know what it does.
That was what I said to him  ;D

Dodger

Someone asked me about new emotes...Anything you wanna see?

Bakster

Dancing, Prancing, Romancing ;D