• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

1 vs 1, 8 Man Tourny 3/5

Started by SiR gUt, March 01, 2006, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gu3st

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, but for now just assume I'm not coming.

Besides, doesn't look like you'll be having a tournament anyways since you have only 5 people without me.

MathWiz20

Are we still having the tourney? We couldn't even get 8
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

Dodger

I have yet to speak to Gut, but I imagine it will still be on.

The_Gu3st

Won't be able to make it to the tournament, remove my name please.

Edit: I can do my first match right now, and the way the brakets look I get a by until the finals if I win.

So if you wanna vs. me now dodger I can do that and check back in for the finals around 2:15 - 2:30

MathWiz20

Hey Guest and I were playing our final match.  I was up 1 to 0, then I was gonna laser him to death on the second game but then...

THE SERVER CRASHED!!! lol

That sucks we gonna have to do it over again?
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

Actually, you got d/c first  :P

And then I hung out in the lobby, then I got d/c and dodger said the webpage wouldn't load for him nor me, so then I assumed the server crashed.

MathWiz20

How are we gonna settle this?  Do we have to redo that match?  Darn lol I was gonna kill you...I had you on the ropes...oh well such is life  ;)

The_Gu3st

My points increased by 2 and yours decreased by two if you check, that proves that you got d/c first  :P

Anyways, we'll have to settle this and finish the tournament later. And you can't disqualify me for not doing it now b/c the whole server crash was pretty inconvienient and it's already been 2 hours.

SiR gUt

yea just finish the match today and let me know who wins.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

The_Gu3st

Did you not read anything I wrote?

We need to know the status of our match. Is it considered as if I won that match where he got d/c and then the server crashed? Or do we start all over? Or what?

MathWiz20

No way should guest get credit for the win...the whole server crashed so it should just be a do over, especially since I was going to win that game anyway.

The only reason you think I got d/ced first is because I gave up trying to get back on before you did, not because I got d/ced first...we all got d/ced at the same time.

Make this fair...just redo that game and the score is still 1 to 0 in favor of me.  It would not be fair to give one person credit when everyone got d/ced at the same time.  Be reasonable here.  Tell us when we should redo the game, but I have school all week so this is not going to be easy lol.

The_Gu3st

I didn't crash though. I saw your commander go "boom" and then I exited to lobby, then I got d/c. It wasn't at the exact same time like you said.

And I have school this week too, and today is not possible for me.

SiR gUt

well if matlu tells me, when the server crashes everyone loses connection at same time, or if its possible some people can lose connection before someone else when it crashes. if thats possible than you redo it, if it's not than guest wins.

IF he cant tell me, than you redo the match, because guest if it was you who d/c first than you would wanna redo it too.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

MathWiz20

Make the fair decision gut, I think that even if guest were the one who disconnected first, I'd think that the fair thing to do would be to redo the match.  Anyway, how can one person d/c before another if the whole thing crashes?  If that's possible, it would be pure chance, and chance shouldn't be the determiner of the tournament.  There's enough luck in the game already.  ;D

The_Gu3st

The problem is, you got disconnected before I did, so technically, you lost that game.

Quote from Tournament Rules:
Quote9) Any player who loses connection (disconnect) during a match automatically loses that game, effectively ending that match if their opponent is already up by one.

Therefore, you should have lost that game, regardless of whether the server crashed or not.

And to further extend my case, the Second Tournament Winner, Zabuza, won only because his opponent disconnected in the finals, even though he claims he was going to beat him.