• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

1 vs 1, 8 Man Tourny 3/5

Started by SiR gUt, March 01, 2006, 12:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathWiz20

That's nice, but that only applies if someone just happens to disconnect for a random reason.

We BOTH disconnected, and I DON'T believe that I disconnected BEFORE you.  Like I said before, I believe that I just happened to give up trying to get back on before you did, and since it was my turn at the time, you happened to catch a glimpse of me leaving as you lost ur connection.

When a server crashes, it loses contact with all connectors at the same time, regardless of who they are.  So I did not technically lose the game, in fact, we really technically DREW the game.  You only got rating points because, like I said, you gave up trying to get back after me.  This is like when the old cyber wars used to freeze.  The last person to give up trying to get back would get the points...or maybe it was a random person.  Whatever the case, it does not favor one over the other.

Another thought: does the time it takes to get disconnected have anything to do with the distance from one's computer to the server...meaning how far the connection has to travel?  One would think that if the server crashed, the people farther from the source would lose the connection first, because it was weaker to begin with.  This is just a thought and I may be wrong...but if it's true then you can't disqualify me just because of where I live.

Be fair about this...for the sake of the integrity of the concept of a tournament.
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

The_Gu3st

Quote from: MathWiz20 on March 06, 2006, 03:00:09 AM
Be fair about this...for the sake of the integrity of the concept of a tournament.

I don't feel like arguing, this is a game and I used to preach that tournaments are for fun. I completely agree with the quoted statement even though there isn't actually any fair way to solve this.

I'm willing to redo that game, with you being up 1-0 and me going second. If I lose, oh well, there's always next weekend.

I have time right now if you can play and finish this.

The_Gu3st

Alrighty, finished it up, mathwiz won.

Congratz and good games.

MathWiz20

Good games everyone, especially guest, i appreciate what you did.  I won't make any sarcastic quote this time because it wouldn't be right since the finals were so controversial.  Instead, I'll make one that everyone can laugh at, not just me.

"This just proves that luck IS a dominant part of the game, because how else would I have won?  I obviously have no skill, I'm just lucky!"  :P  (another original quote by me)
I am a firm believer that the integral of e^x = f(u)^n, or, in mathematical notation: sex = fun.

SiR gUt

congrats, next week i will win. I promise ;)
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

Good job guys, well settled between yourselves.

Congrats Mathwiz, next week we really have to beat you  ;)

The_Gu3st

Quote from: SiR gUt on March 06, 2006, 05:01:57 AM
congrats, next week i will win. I promise ;)

Next week, I will have even more fun than I did this week.

MathWiz20

There's gonna be a tourney again next week right?  Could one of you make a new thread for it?  It could get confusing mixed up in this one.  Also, some people may not know there's gonna be another tourney unless you make another thread.

The_Gu3st

Can I make a request for that tourny? Could you possibly start it at 2:30 Eastern?

I'm going to be busy until then so I won't be able to make it otherwise.

Do it for old time's sake  :-* ;)

SiR gUt

math, i was gonna make it just been busy ;)
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

Dodger

We said that I put it on the site, and you make the thread Gut....I don't see the thread!