• Welcome to Duel Board - Free multiplayer online games.

Works of T3h Luggage.

Started by T3h luggage, March 26, 2005, 01:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiR gUt

o yea matlu i never told you, but i am very good at making graphics liek this. If you want me to do some work on something post which monster you want me to do.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

SiR gUt

Quote from: raikoukami on June 07, 2005, 12:53:52 AM
maybe the ceiling walker can be its own monster :P
just a suggestion i mean hes already made it

I just noticed that raikoukami said that. I think thats a friggin great idea add the ceiling walker as a new monster. You could make it have like 7 strength, 7 defense, and 4 movement points, and let it have a range attack of like 5 and 4 range str, like the laser robot. Would be fair to the aliens to have a strong range attack monster. Also would be cool to see a new monster on cyber battles.
THE GUEST IS  HAVING HIS PERIOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA 

THE MIAMI HEAT HAD THE WORST FREE THROW SHOOTING PERCENTAGE IN FINALS HISTORY 37% AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND DALLAS MAVERICKS IS GOING TO SWEEP THE MIAMI HEAT AHAHAHAHA

BlitzJoker

Quote from: SiR gUt on June 09, 2005, 01:38:20 AM

I just noticed that raikoukami said that. I think thats a friggin great idea add the ceiling walker as a new monster. You could make it have like 7 strength, 7 defense, and 4 movement points, and let it have a range attack of like 5 and 4 range str, like the laser robot. Would be fair to the aliens to have a strong range attack monster. Also would be cool to see a new monster on cyber battles.

No one seems to understand the game is on a fragile balance of monsters, no new ones should be added.

BladeSabre

My suggestion would be to draw hover tank next, to go with the tank. And I did a probe ages ago - it just got overlooked.

(Edited to add) Droid and Jeep afterwards! I believe that would finish off the mechanoid-units.

(Edit 2)
QuoteI think thats a friggin great idea add the ceiling walker as a new monster.
QuoteNo one seems to understand the game is on a fragile balance of monsters, no new ones should be added.
Maybe Ceiling Walker could be the new name for the Alien Queen :D?

Parsley

Had an ok (not great) hover tank posted on the last board somewhere; no time to look, so can sum1 drag it up 4me?

(Ed. I know - v. similar to my last post.)

T3h luggage

Quote from: Blitzjoker
No one seems to understand the game is on a fragile balance of monsters, no new ones should be added.
noone notices it because, though it sounds good, it isn't true.  mechanoid>alien.  simple.  is too bad.

Quote from: SiR GuTo yea matlu i never told you, but i am very good at making graphics liek this. If you want me to do some work on something post which monster you want me to do.
why post that here?  If you want to say that, make a graphic and post your own thread...

BlitzJoker

Quote from: T3h luggage on June 12, 2005, 11:05:28 PM
noone notices it because, though it sounds good, it isn't true. mechanoid>alien. simple. is too bad.
why post that here? If you want to say that, make a graphic and post your own thread...

So what mechaniod monsters can't be attacked by anything but range, or monsters of that type???

Although there is more(but for times sake I'll give you the basic), mech has things with higher stats, while aliens have their slimes. For every one races advantage, the other races will have a different but equal in value advantage.

Parsley

Pound for pound, I've always seen alien as having stronger monsters, and mech as having a stronger support function (force armour, teleport, etc.).

T3h luggage

Quote from: BlitzJoker on June 13, 2005, 02:02:12 PM
So what mechaniod monsters can't be attacked by anything but range, or monsters of that type???

Although there is more(but for times sake I'll give you the basic), mech has things with higher stats, while aliens have their slimes. For every one races advantage, the other races will have a different but equal in value advantage.
Slimes aren't really that good.  They have average stats at best, and can be easily killed by almost anything with ranged attack.
Plus, the alien queen isn't very strong either. I mean, what is it, 8/8 stats?  Even with the B. Mech having a lower res. and speed, it isn't as good...

BlitzJoker

Ehh not only are the monsters balanced, but there is also a balance of things to kill each other, adding a new monster would throw this balance off. Lets just state the more obvious ones, cause im not going to study the intracate workings of CB  ;). Lets say you have a spider after you(having the longest movemnt of 6) you have teleport(movement of 7) to conteract that. You have an alien queen after you, you can use a B.Mech(higher stats) to kill it. Then your opponent have a B.Mech after him, he could take advantage of its low restance and use mind control. In other words everything has its weak point and an action that will be proficient in taking advantage of its weak part. This is how Cyber Wars "just worked", they carefully put thought into it....they didnt just say "hey lets throw in this monster". I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Bakster

Spider doesn't have any weakness apart from B Mech, and what if you don't have one?

The aliens already have 3 strong monsters (Tentacle, AQ and Pred) we don't need another one ???

T3h luggage

this is all quite silly, as there is no chance that the cieling crawler can be used as a monster.  It was a JOKE!  Treat it as such.  You might as well make the tentacle's death stage a plate of fried calimari.

Parsley

Take this argument to the 'General' board. 

This section is for graphics.

T3h luggage

and, from what I've seen from my alien queen in-game, bad ones as well... I need ot fix that last animation phase.  And start trying my graphics in animation before I post 'em again...

BladeSabre

I wrote a mini "animator" program that takes the image and displays its animated form, without going through the hassle of making an animated gif for it. (It doesn't check the image size, so when I'm working on an animation, I put my current version in the top-left of the image so it gets animated, and use the area below it and to the right to work in.) It's been very helpful to my spriting here, but I wrote it in C/Allegro, which is rubbish for distributing... maybe Java would be better, though it has its own set of difficulties.

If you happen to be a programmer, you could write your own ;). It took me about 10 minutes for the C one, and it must have saved me an hour already.